prt post processor

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
don62

prt post processor

Post by don62 »

i am running a prt with the original control (dos) software. aspire 2.4 had a post processor called 'shopbot (inch) (*.sbp) that works fine with my machine. just started using the aspire 2.504 and find that post processor is gone - the closest i can find is shopbot (inch)/with tool changer and speed control. in the text added by aspire is says this is for a prs alpha and will not run on my machine. what post processor should i be using?

Woodbutcher-59
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt 3'x5'x6"

Re: prt post processor

Post by Woodbutcher-59 »

Hi Don,

In the Aspire upgrade the Shopbot PP's were moved to a separate folder here:

C:\Program Files\Aspire V2.0\PostP\02-ShopBot....you should find the one you were using and move it to

C:\Program Files\Aspire V2.0\PostP and then it will show in the pp list.

Hope this helps...

Jeff
Aspire 12
Mach 3

" I'm tryin to think but nothin happens " - Curly Howard

don62

Post by don62 »

Jeff,
thanks - think i may be as smart as Curly, but not Moe.

did not find it in Aspire, but did find it in my old copy of vcarve - moved it and it works fine, but without the bells and whistles of the newer versions

appreciate you help
don

Butch
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by Butch »

Don
Go to ShopBot forum
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/
There are many threads on just this topic. You can do a search on Post Processors and find threads on where they are located, to how to copy the ones you use into the files and many on how to modify a post processor to do what you want it to do.
I took a post processor and made the move line to keep the bit at 3 inches high to home position, then added my name as the author, with the name of the file, the speed of the spindle, bit size, date all show at the top. Also at the end I raise the bit to 3", then move the spindle to a position where I change bits.
I just followed the instructions on the forum. Also ShopBot has an instruction page on how to program post processors. They list several commands and what they do and how to get into the program.

Butch
Butch
WildWood Manufacturing

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Theres a full post processor editing guide as part of the Aspire, VCarve/Partwork installation. Just go into Help and the link is at the top of the first page you see.