Got Aspire Today

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
cac67
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joes Evo 3x2

Re: Got Aspire Today

Post by cac67 »

Got mine today, doa too. No visible damage, just doesn't work.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

We are very sorry about this situation and apologies to those who have received
faulty DVD's. Afraid our new fulfillment supplier in the US is having a problem
duplicating the DVD's and we are working with them to get this resolved ASAP.

If you receive a faulty DVD please email your order reference number to - support

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Tony

bdring

Post by bdring »

Another DOA. :( I tried it on several known good computers.

Dank
Model of CNC Machine: Home brew gantry and two Taig CNC mills

Post by Dank »

I am on the bum DVD list too. Shi... Stuff happens!
I am sure there are some QC "screws" being turned... :lol:
Dan'l

dr_when
Vectric Wizard

Post by dr_when »

Hi all,

As I mentioned in another post, the DVD's being made are somewhat "iffy". Mine could not be read on a few DVD drives I have at home and worked fine on some others. The manner in which they are burned by the fullfillment center should be suspect. Not sure what they are doing wrong. Bottom line, try your DVD's on another player/pc and transfer the files to a large usb flashdrive and try reinstalling or moving the tutorial files.
Bob

"He's no fun, he fell right over" - Firesign Theatre

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

dr_when wrote:Hi all,

As I mentioned in another post, the DVD's being made are somewhat "iffy". Mine could not be read on a few DVD drives I have at home and worked fine on some others. The manner in which they are burned by the fullfillment center should be suspect. Not sure what they are doing wrong. Bottom line, try your DVD's on another player/pc and transfer the files to a large usb flashdrive and try reinstalling or moving the tutorial files.
After the problems you and some other customers experienced with our previous supplier, we changed in the middle of January to a company we had been told was a more professional supplier! Unfortunately even though the presentation has improved, we do seem to have been hit by a batch of bad DVD's. As the bad batch of DVD's coincided with the Aspire upgrade offer ending, we have had a much larger number of customers with DVD's from the bad batch than would ordinarily occur with a production problem.

Brian

johnnydoughey
Vectric Craftsman

Post by johnnydoughey »

I understand that home burned DVDs (burned on a computer) are much inferior and last a much shorter time than those on a professional, quality duplicator machine. I would hope the Vectric folks have made sure this is not being done by these suppliers... I would hate to see my DVD fail after a few months due to the melting process...

larryo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by larryo »

I hope that my disk will be okay I ordered mine on jan 22. Still havent received it If I have to wait 2 weeks for the disk to come in I shure hope it wil be a good one. Ihave been working of the down load fromm the net bet I need the turtorials as I can not get them on the net as I can only get dial up about as fast as receiving the disk.hahahahaha

Dank
Model of CNC Machine: Home brew gantry and two Taig CNC mills

Post by Dank »

I burn archival qualiity CD's and DVD's for my occasional business sideline of photo album archival and I also do it for my construction engineering (my real job) for digitizing and archiving O&M manuals and other multimillon dollar construction project documents. Other media should also be used for secure storage but let me focus on Archival quality CD/DVD.

I buy the disks in bulk from Internet suppliers. (Google "archival DVD"; I use Media Supply) These high quality (gold) disks are only available (if at all) in typical storefront computer supply stores in single, three and five packs. They cost in bulk (50-100) lot size between 10 to 15 times the cost of name brand standard disks. That's only $2.00 $3.00 each. Insignificant cost for their purpose.

Do you think I want to tell my multi-million dollar project customer, "Sorry your $0.25 CD stoped working, I only use the $3.00 disks for my best customers..." :roll: Better to truthfully say, "We use the best avchival disks available, I'll send a replacement."

I carefully explain to my customers how to make a working copy and store the archive disk. Read on.

DOA's are another issue. That's production quality control not proper use of archival storage and making working copies.

I see no hub marks as to brand on the disk used for Aspire. I will copy my new disk to archival grade, test read it, then put the archive away someplace cool and dark in the proper suported case (important too), only to be used to burn another copy. I'll also copy the entire original disk to a hard drive (500 GB HD drives are cheap these days) and work from the drive. Then delete training once I am comfortable and need the space recovered.

Anyone reading this who is using the Vectric Aspire disk multiple times to view the training videos should immediately make a backup disk to keep unused and stored away as an archive. As suggested by others above use another media (HD, Flash Drive, Standard DVD, etc.) for daily use.
Dan'l

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Update on Faulty Aspire DVD's

Post by Tony Mac »

We have finally received confirmation from our fulfilment center in the USA - see message below - that replacement DVD's will be shipped to customers today.

We are very sorry for the delay in getting this problem resolved and I sincerely hope customers who have received faulty DVD's will see the replacement early next week.

Tony
    Sent: 06 February 2009
    To: Tony McKenzie
    Subject: RE: aspire dvd

Tony,

Good news, I have just confirmed with our lead engineer that we have fixed the image file and tested it successfully.

Today we restarted all affected orders and they will ship out today. Your customers should be getting replacement DVD’s very soon.

Thank you,

Steven Miller
    SwiftCD

capnl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz Z-1000

Post by capnl »

Hello Brian,

Are the 'european' customers also served from the US or directly from Vectric in the UK ??

John van Gent
DRW-Holland
Zuidland - The Netherlands.

Aspire user since Januari 27th 2009
DRW-Holland
CNC-Step S-1000 machine 1000 x 590 x 110 mm
Aspire - VCarve Pro - Photo VCarve - Cut3D

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

capnl wrote:Hello Brian,

Are the 'european' customers also served from the US or directly from Vectric in the UK ??

John van Gent
DRW-Holland
Zuidland - The Netherlands.

Aspire user since Januari 27th 2009
Hi John,

All customer orders are served now from the US fulfilment centre.

Brian

AkPirate

Post by AkPirate »

Hello. I made my order last minute, on the 31st. As stated in another thread I too have recieved a bum DVD. (AspireDVD, thread just found this one). Is this an automatic reshippment? Mine was sent out on the 31st and received today. :?

capnl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz Z-1000

Post by capnl »

Hello from Zuidland, The Netherlands,

Received the package with the DVD today, (feb 10th)

not so happy message also :( :(

My DVD seems to be written on but unfortunately also unreadable...........

Version: 1.029
Copyright: SF-3115
27-1-2009

Hoping for a new DVD shortly

John
DRW-Holland
CNC-Step S-1000 machine 1000 x 590 x 110 mm
Aspire - VCarve Pro - Photo VCarve - Cut3D

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

AkPirate wrote:Hello. I made my order last minute, on the 31st. As stated in another thread I too have recieved a bum DVD. (AspireDVD, thread just found this one). Is this an automatic reshippment? Mine was sent out on the 31st and received today. :?
Sorry for not replying sooner

Yes - The replacement DVD's are automatically being sent to all customer and they were shipped last Friday 6th February.

Customers in the US should receive the DVD in the next day or two but it will take a little longer for those in Europe,
Canada and the rest of the world.

Tony