Need help please

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
patriotcustoms

Need help please

Post by patriotcustoms »

Hi
I just received my Aspire DVD about 3 days ago and haven't stepped away from my computer yet, this is a great program, and an even greater value.

I am creating a clock for a xmass present and I'm having a small problem just wondering if someone can help.

I imported a 3D vector art dished model and created a boundery around it. I open up the tool path tab and set my material thickness, set up a roughing tool path and then a finishing tool path. When I preview it, the model is .125" below my material top, the highest part of the model is still .125" below, I would like the top of the model to be at the top of my material. I can't seem to figure this out. Please excuse my ignorance but this is all new to me.

Thanks for your time.

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Re: Need help please

Post by Turtle49 »

Take a look at the "setup material" button.
Play with the "model position in material" slider to move the model up and down within the material.

Hope this helps,
Tim
:D
Tim Hornshaw
www.HornshawWoodWorks.com

patriotcustoms

Post by patriotcustoms »

If I change the position it will only go lower, if I slide it all the way to the top it's still about an 1/8 or so lower, if I slide it down the model just goes deeper into the material.
I have attached the the clock, you can see how the 3D images are below the surface.
Attachments
museum clock.jpg

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

You can make a circle around the center component (the bitmap) and make a planer shape from it with a height greater then what you currently have, that will raise it up. Make sure you place it at the top of the list in the Component manager.