adding fonts

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Phil
Vectric Wizard

adding fonts

Post by Phil »

I've done this before but for some reason I can't add fonts. I put the desired TTF font in the font folder for Aspire and then start the program. My understanding is that it should appear on the font list but it doesn't. Am I missing something.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 2004 48x96 PRT 5hp Spindle

Re: adding fonts

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hey Phil, Take a look at this thread.

AMP Font Viewer its a very handy tool that lovebugjunkie posted.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Phil wrote:I've done this before but for some reason I can't add fonts. I put the desired TTF font in the font folder for Aspire and then start the program. My understanding is that it should appear on the font list but it doesn't. Am I missing something.
Phil I believe a font must be installed. I'm not sure with XP but in Vista you can right click on the TTF and then the third option down click install.

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Thanks for the lead Don (and LoveBugJunkie), I downloaded AMP FontViewer and really like it.

Regards,

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Still can't get it to work. When VCarve or Aspire is first installed it "installs" fonts that are on the computer. Is there a way to do this step again without reinstalling? I'd appreciate some input from Tony or Brian.

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Phil wrote:Still can't get it to work. When VCarve or Aspire is first installed it "installs" fonts that are on the computer. Is there a way to do this step again without reinstalling? I'd appreciate some input from Tony or Brian.
Aspire access's the TTf folder everytime it starts. Any changes (added or deleated) show up. I just installed two more fonts and deleated one and when i opened Aspire the changes showed up in the list. I'm sure the wizards can explain it better.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

CRFultz, when I installed the fonts I just dragged them into the Aspire font folder, did you do anything different? I did restart Aspire after installing the fonts. When I open the font folder all of the fonts in the folder are listed as "vfonts" except the ones I added. They are still TTF fonts.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Phil wrote:CRFultz, when I installed the fonts I just dragged them into the Aspire font folder, did you do anything different? I did restart Aspire after installing the fonts. When I open the font folder all of the fonts in the folder are listed as "vfonts" except the ones I added. They are still TTF fonts.
Phil,

You dont install the fonts in Aspire, they are just Windows fonts and you need to install them into the Windows font folder as people have posted above.

Brian

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Thanks Brian, that worked.

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 5010

Post by John Murphy »

I have allot of "Open type fonts", but they do not show up in the drop down menu. Does Aspire not recognize these types? I have some favourites that I'd like to use. Is this possible?

John