Preview issue causing profile not to cut

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 5

Preview issue causing profile not to cut

Post by Mark Jones »

This is a simple file. All it has is a rectangle with fillets in the corners (A jig for the CNC to hold 10by20 wood parts)
This maybe a clue to why this file bombed. It was from a Tiled box joint 8' long with 6 sides.
I added a new sheet with the new size and put the rectangle and fillets in it. It would only cut the upper Right from the center to the center with one fillet in it.

I just created a new file and it works fine as expected. However, this file won't cut the profile. Even if I delete the profiles and the square and the fillets.
If you click the preview button -arrow like on a dvd. It will run through it like it's working but if you preview it just goes back to the upper view.
It did give me a error when it loaded as to the orientation of the file must be in the corner for this to calculate. I had saved the new sheet to the center orientation.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xuMn1 ... share_link
Mark Jones

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Preview issue causing profile not to cut

Post by adze_cnc »

If by odd preview mean this:

artefact.png

This is probably all related to the job still be a tiling job but half made not a tiling job somewhere along the line. By the way the rectangle in this file is not filleted.

If you move the origin back to the lower left from the centre then select Tile Toolpaths and Delete Tiling Data things should be fine (circled areas in image):

tiling.png

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

I tried moving the origin back to the lower left corner right from opening the file. It didn't fix it.

Even just the profile cut out of the rectangle would not cut. I deleted all the tool paths. I deleted extra sheets and got it down to a bare bone file with nothing in it. Put a new rectangle in it and it would not cut the profile. If I hit the play button it would show the profile cut in preview mode but if I pressed preview file it would only show the upper right profile cut. The tool path that was created only did that upper right corner and not the rectangle.

I created a new 6 sided box joint and cut 3 9by9by9 walnut and maple boxes using the tile toolpath. It worked great.

Something between adding sheets and the tiling function and the preview it lost something. Thanks for looking at it. Vectric is good stuff and very logical and a joy to use.

I just loaded it up again and it's doing the very same thing. Changing the origin to the lower left corner only made the profile cut that corner instead of the upper right corner. Preview play button showed a rectangle but when you clicked on the preview it showed the bottom left corner. The gcode file only does the corner. It's reproduceable.
Last edited by Mark Jones on Wed May 31, 2023 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Jones

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Mark Jones wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:08 am
I tried moving the origin back to the lower left corner right from opening the file. It didn't fix it. ... I deleted extra sheets and got it down to a bare bone file with nothing in it.
Except that you don't mention that you removed the tiling data. So, I can only presume that you didn't.

It's not just a matter of moving the origin to the lower-left corner. That is only a necessary condition for going into the tiling manager to remove the tiling data. You can't do the second without doing the first or you just get the error saying tiling (adding, removing, or changing) is not possible while the origin is not at the lower-left corner.

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

I deleted the tool path and the sheet and layer that had the tiling data.

The new sheet shouldn't have any tiling data assigned to it.

I just loaded the file and removed all the layers in it except the one and one sheet. Still doing the preview and play button mix up.

I exited Aspire reloaded it and it showed the tiling data box on opening. I clicked on the remove tiling data and exited. Loaded it again in Aspire and it showed the tiling data window again. 3rd time I tried it cleared up and the preview is working fine on that file. The profile will cut the rectangle correctly.

Question: Once you use the tiling toolpath does it apply to the whole file or just the one sheet that has the tiling toolpath associated with it.?
Mark Jones

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

If you follow the directions that Adze gave you and then recreate the tiling data it will fix your problem.
Steve

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

Question: Once you use the tiling toolpath does it apply to the whole file or just the one sheet that has the tiling toolpath associated with it.?
Mark Jones