Profile Tool 'On' how to stop alternating Tool Path

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Between2Floors
Model of CNC Machine: Custom Machine with Syntec 6ma

Profile Tool 'On' how to stop alternating Tool Path

Post by Between2Floors »

I am trying to machine 45 Deg Mitres onto the front face of stringers. I have made a few of these and found a couple of corners break out. I am trying to prevent this by on machining in one direction (as seen in the photo attached). At the moment it is starting at one end going down machining then going down at the other end. I have looked into this problem and have found a few threads from a few years ago but was wondering if anything has been changed yet and/or if there is a gadget to help with this.

The only solution I have come up with is to set up lines 16mm away (32mm Diameter Cutter) from where I want them and do an inside/Left set up. Would love to hear any better/easier ideas.

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
Tool Path.JPG

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Profile Tool 'On' how to stop alternating Tool Path

Post by adze_cnc »

One way is to offset a vector that makes up all the rises and treads by the 16mm. Add "drag-knife / plasma" fillets to that line. Profile cut on that line. See attached file.

In this file the start point for the plasma filleted line is set for a conventional cut direction. for climb-cutting move the start point to the other end.

An example of a piece that I cut for a Maori carver is this:

maori shape.jpg
Attachments
stringer (plasma loops).crv
VCarve v9.519
(18 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: Profile Tool 'On' how to stop alternating Tool Path

Post by 4DThinker »

When I want the bit to return to the start point before each pass rather then back and forth, I simply close the vector outside the material area where it won't hit anything and let it loop around. Older versions of the software would do what you want and if it is critical I simply make my toolpaths with an earlier version. 8.5 does that.
4D