2 rail sweep

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

2 rail sweep

Post by ken whiklo »

I just upgraded my software to Aspire with the idea of doing some modelling. I have created some very simple projects but lots to learn. When I saw Gert Burkhart's scalloped cherry bowl I thought it would be a good learning lesson on how to create this using the 2 rail sweep. So now after many hours and lots of video viewing I am stumped. I know from my previous experience of the Vcarve forum there are "experts" who can straighten me out. Attached is the project, BowlAspire. The bottom of the bowl is machined first and it is acceptable but probably could use some help. The top is something else again. I think this has something to do with the zero plane not being in the right place, but I do not know how to adjust it. Also I cannot get the tool to start at the top of the project and when it gets to the side of the bowl is cutting on the side of the bit not the end.
Thanks in advance to any help.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/BowlAsp ... e=personal

litzluth
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: 2 rail sweep

Post by litzluth »

There is something wrong with the Dropbox link. It says the folder with the bowl file doesn't exist

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

I tried it and the message I get is it can't be previewed but it can be downloaded. I downloaded it and opened it.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »