Off topic - computer question

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Off topic - computer question

Post by Phil »

I'm asking this question here because there are members who are computer experts. I'm looking for a recommendation on a computer cleaning app or program. Over time computers get bogged down with unnecessary stuff. I want a program that will search for and eliminate this stuff.

Thanks,

Phil

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Off topic - computer question

Post by garylmast »

Phil,
I use Norton anti-virus, but added the Norton Utilities and Norton AntiTrack which cleans up the junk windows and internet files and also speeds up the computer.

Also, I noticed you had a question concerning the fenders on the Duesenberg. If you send me your email, I'll forward the stl file I modeled.

Gary

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Check your private messages.

Thanks,

Phil

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 5

Post by Mark Jones »

glary utilities has worked well for me and thousands of customers computers as a broadband installer in residence and business as well as cable repair. I found Glary (not gary) to fix every computer I came across that would barely run. Most of them were heading towards the dumpster before I showed up with Glary Utilities.

It's free for home use. Business will have to pay for it. One click button and it fixes everything. I have never once had it not fix a computer. I use it on my systems when they act glitchy or slow or weird. After you install and run this software you will notice your system running faster and will want to give me a hug. Save the hug for your wife or husband and keep on CNCing.

Here is the link. They do have product they want to sell you but pay attention and stay with the free links and you will be fine.
https://www.glarysoft.com/
Mark Jones

dmthomson
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dmthomson »

Phil wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:42 pm
I'm asking this question here because there are members who are computer experts. I'm looking for a recommendation on a computer cleaning app or program. Over time computers get bogged down with unnecessary stuff. I want a program that will search for and eliminate this stuff.

Thanks,

Phil
I use a program called ReImage. It cleans EVERYTHING, including registry. Been very happy with the job it does. I use Windows builtin stuff for realtime protection. ReImage runs daily to clean everything Windows programs don't catch.
Don
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Thanks, Don.

Phil