create drawing and import to create model

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
electrictermite
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Carve King

create drawing and import to create model

Post by electrictermite »

What do some of you use to draw your creation and then take that and import into Aspire. Do some of you draw on a tablet and import that drawing. do some of you just draw on paper and scan that into your computer for Aspire.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: create drawing and import to create model

Post by Adrian »

I draw everything directly in Aspire. The toolset is more than good enough to do everything I need so I don't use external programs at all these days.

When I first started I used Sketchup and exported/imported DXFs (there was no direct Sketchup import in those days. That was purely because I was far more proficient with the toolset of Sketchup than I was with VCarve/Aspire.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Use whatever works best for yourself, that is what most people seem to do from what I have read.
You have the drawing tools to create artwork within Aspire so if you don't have a vector-based software that you are very familiar with then you may as well learn to use the tools within the software, you will get much cleaner vectors working that way.
I don't currently have a working tablet so no personal experience using one with Aspire but I believe Aspire works with a range of different brands so again use a tablet directly with Aspire rather than some other software.
If you have a tablet or are considering buying one then there is no need to draw on paper, scan & import :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I have used a lot of Cad and Cam over the years.

I use Aspire to draw, create models, and generate code.
I find it all integrates nicely

You can use a digitizing tablet with Aspire
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC