Network settings with Parallels - MacOS - M2 Mac?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
epicycloid
Model of CNC Machine: Custom router with Dynomotion KFLOP

Network settings with Parallels - MacOS - M2 Mac?

Post by epicycloid »

I just migrated to a new M2 MacBook Pro and I'm setting up Parallels Desktop for Mac (on Ventura 13.3.x). So far mostly good, except...

Aspire 11.50x seems to be running fine. I was able to install all my extras, post processors, etc. The only thing I can't get working is the "Sign in...", so I can't access my shared tool library, etc.

Clicking "Sign in..." in the upper right, opens the browser, and the Vectric portal, and successfully links my account... in the browser. But nothing happens in Aspire as it normally would.

Initially I tried the setup with Parallels launching Safari in MacOS, but I knew that was gonna be a stretch. I went ahead an let Aspire launch Edge on the Windows 11 side, but it still doesn't seem to communicate back. See attached.

I have fiddled with a few of the network settings, thinking it is something there preventing Aspire from completing the communication. I currently have Parallels set to use "Shared Network", and I have allowed Aspire through the firewall, on both public and private networks.

I can't seem to find a permutation that works.

Can anyone else who is running Aspire in Parallels on Apple Silicon share their network settings, assuming you've successfully signed in?

Thanks,

--Jon
Attachments
Aspire-SignIn.jpeg

epicycloid
Model of CNC Machine: Custom router with Dynomotion KFLOP

Re: Network settings with Parallels - MacOS - M2 Mac?

Post by epicycloid »

With no suggestions from the forum, I continued to experiment and seek advice elsewhere...

In case anyone else encounters this problem, I solved it by installing Chrome on the Windows side, and set it to be the default browser. Launching Aspire and clicking "Sign In..." launched Chrome, and after signing in to Vectric on Chrome, my account was able link to V&Co snd then pass whatever it needed to back to Aspire to complete the "Sign In..." process.

Also on the advice of other Parallels users, I have my network set to "Bridged Network" using the "Default Adapter", which I was told works best / most seamlessly for situations where networking and apps in Windows need to communicate to the outside world.

The same settings, which worked perfectly with Chrome, did not work with Edge as the default browser.

Cheers,

--Jon