Tool library not syncing between computers

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Jacala
Model of CNC Machine: 2040 atc with 12 tools

Tool library not syncing between computers

Post by Jacala »

Hello!
I am having difficulty with syncing the tooldatabase with the server.

Problem: when I add a new tool in the library on the pc in the workshop and upload it to the server it seems to go fine.

When I go to the office I will get an popup "tooldatabase out of sync" (or something like that)

But the new tool is not added.

To check: I make a new tool on the workshop pc, then upload it to the server. Then delete the tool and download the tooldatabase again to "retrieve" the tool it will not re appear. So it seams that it is not written to the server properly? This is all done on the same pc

Anybody any idea?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Tool library not syncing between computers

Post by martin54 »

Are you using the online upload & download within the tool database? It doesn't sync automatically if you are, once you have added a tool to the tool database on one computer you then need to upload the changes. On the other computer you would need to download the new version before any new tools will show up :lol: :lol:

It is possible to have more than one copy of the tool database saved within your portal account if you have more than one Version of the software on the computer. Are you sure you are downloading the correct version?

Jacala

Post by Jacala »

Hello! Yes we upload and download. We used the software for 7 years now but ofcourse, do not know everything.

I will check what version is ruiming on the machines and I will check my portal account to see if I can see it we have several version of the tool database.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

It is important to note that the online tool database storage function is not a syncronization. It is an all or nothing replacement.

For example if you:
  • add tool A on machine 1
  • add tool B on machine 2
  • uipload from machine 1 to the portal
  • download from the portal to machine 2
You will get tool A on both machines. Tool B will not exist on any machine, It will have been lost in the download process,

From other posts on this forum there seems to be a belief that the portal tool database storage manages changes from one machine to another by :syncing”. You really do need to be careful when using this feature to avoid losing changes, additions, and deletions to the database.

Jacala

Post by Jacala »

Hello,

Yes we know. It is just place to store the latest tool library.

After updating the tool library from PC 1 you need to update (download to) pc 2 and everything will be a copy of pc 1.

For some reason, it fixed "itself"

We have no Idea what happened but it works again. As a double check we now add the date to the toolname to double check.

But yes, there is an new thing: I have 1 office computer and 2 CNC machines with V carve pro. I replaced one of the CNC computers and reinstalled V carve pro.

I also updated all 3 pc's to V carve pro 11.5 the 2 old computers are communicating fine with sending and receiving the tool database.

The new computer is not, when I sign in to link to the Vectric account it says "link complete" but the up and down button do not appear in the tool library, so no popup with "update your tool library".

It works great for years but sometimes :roll:

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Jacala wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:53 am
Hello,

Yes we know. It is just place to store the latest tool library.

After updating the tool library from PC 1 you need to update (download to) pc 2 and everything will be a copy of pc 1.

For some reason, it fixed "itself"

We have no Idea what happened but it works again. As a double check we now add the date to the toolname to double check.

But yes, there is an new thing: I have 1 office computer and 2 CNC machines with V carve pro. I replaced one of the CNC computers and reinstalled V carve pro.

I also updated all 3 pc's to V carve pro 11.5 the 2 old computers are communicating fine with sending and receiving the tool database.

The new computer is not, when I sign in to link to the Vectric account it says "link complete" but the up and down button do not appear in the tool library, so no popup with "update your tool library".

It works great for years but sometimes :roll:
I don't keep the software on the CNC computers, just my design computer & a laptop. The CNC computers just have the control software installed & nothing else. Once it says link complete do you get a message to say you have successfully connected your account? When you open the software does it show your registered name in the top left corner of the screen ?