Can't change tools.

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Nlalston
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Iconic 8 CNC

Can't change tools.

Post by Nlalston »

Just recently, I had an issue with my computer, which warranted a formatting. In the aftermath of that, I encountered a problem with my reinstallation of Aspire. Now, I cannot honestly say that the problem resides with the installation, in and of itself, but there IS a hurdle that I can't seem to jump. Following, is what I am faced with:

In my first project design, after the new install, I set up a 90° V bit for carving, and a 1/8" EM for clearing. Then, I thought that I might fare better using a 60° V bit, instead. I found that I was not permitted to make that change, as the choice selection was greyed out. For the sake of it, I also tried changing the set 1/8"EM to a 1/4"EM, and the same situation occurred.

What could have gone wrong?
Blessings,
Nathan

Vectric Aspire 11
Axiom Iconic 8
Onefinity X50
Jtech 2.8w & 7w lasers

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Can't change tools.

Post by adze_cnc »

Does you tool selection look something like this:

greyed out.png

If so, your tool hasn't been set up yet.

Nlalston

Post by Nlalston »

Hey Adze,

Yes, it does look like that. But you know what? Just before visiting back here, I (being one to not easily give up) had given another shot at it. And - lo and behold - The software had changed its mind, and acted right :) . I did absolutely nothing different, but I am back in stroke again. I thank you, though, for responding.
Blessings,
Nathan

Vectric Aspire 11
Axiom Iconic 8
Onefinity X50
Jtech 2.8w & 7w lasers

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Perhaps the second time (the working time) the material at the top was different with that material the bit was defined.

Nlalston

Post by Nlalston »

adze_cnc wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:09 am
Perhaps the second time (the working time) the material at the top was different with that material the bit was defined.
I can understand what you're getting at, but I was (actually) attempting it again with the same material (3/16' whiteboard), and settings. But I thank you, for the suggestion.
Blessings,
Nathan

Vectric Aspire 11
Axiom Iconic 8
Onefinity X50
Jtech 2.8w & 7w lasers

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Are you sure you didn't select a tool that didn't have it's parameters already set? The only time I have ever seen the screenshot adze_cnc posted was when I was using a material that some tools weren't defined on. For example I have several different 60 degree V bits but don't have them all defined for every material that I use. If I select a different material I tend to fill in the details for each tool as & when I need to use it rather than spend hours editing tools that I may never use for a particular material :lol: :lol: :lol: