2 d clipart layer?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

2 d clipart layer?

Post by ohiolyons »

So I have multiple layers and I select one to be active.
None of which are called Layer 1.

If I add any 3d clipart it places it on the active layer, as I expect it too.

If you add a 2d vector from clipart it creates a new Layer 1, not putting it on the active layer!

Why not the active layer?
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: 2 d clipart layer?

Post by Adrian »

When you bring in clipart that is a CRV or CRV3D file it uses the layers that the clipart was created on originally.

It would be a big issue for people like me who drag and drop complex parts in if that wasn't the case as all the layers would need to be reset before using toolpath templates etc.

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: 2 d clipart layer?

Post by ohiolyons »

Makes sense when explained, just not what I was expecting.

Vectric's support response.

Hello John,

Many thanks for your inquiry.

As explained on the forum this is happening as the 2D Vector that can be added in the Clipart tab are .CRV files with their own layer information.
If the layers don't exist in the current project it is being added to it will add them.
If you add one of the 2D game Layouts for example this will add a few layers that were used to create the original design.

Some of the more simple 2D vectors that can be added like the Stylised Words for example would have only been created on one layer (Layer 1) in the original file so it will add it to this layer or if this layer has been removed it will add it back in.

If you want to move the vector to a different layer after adding it to the project you can right click on it and select Move to Layer.

I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know.
Kind regards,

Katie
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio