Cut does not match the preview

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
RalphPitz
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus

Re: Cut does not match the preview

Post by RalphPitz »

Phil,
Could it be that for some reason the program did not run completely? In my picture, the bit has started its very last pass to cleanup the edge but stopped. This was the only way I could come anywhere close to getting something that looks like your picture using a 2" ball nose.
Bowel.jpb.gif

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Phil wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:57 pm
I apologize for the confusion, the picture I posted was just an example of the bit I used. The actual bit has a 1/2" shank and a 1/1/2" cutter. Even so I still don't understand why the cut was different from the preview.

Phil
Not sure I understand this as you have been calling it a 2" bit & you have said here it is 1 1/2" cutter, bowl bits I have are defined as the diameter of the bit & the radius. So is this a 2" bit with 1/4" radius giving it a 1 1/2" flat length?
I enter them as a radiused endmill same as others have said although they obviously work the same way when entered as a form tool :lol:

I can't see why the program wouldn't run completely unless the machine just suddenly stopped & I would expect a user of your experience to have noticed that :lol: :lol:

Did you have a last pass selected?

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

The file did run completely, I even recalculated the toolpath and ran it a second time.
I'm satisfied with the explantion that I entered the wrong tool and that was the source of the problem. I've learned much from the very helpful members of this forum. This is another lesson for me. I am very appreciative.
Thanks to all.

Phil

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Interesting, the second pass is not going to the full diameter...