Convert Aspire STL

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
UnitedCarvings
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft M700

Convert Aspire STL

Post by UnitedCarvings »

I recently created a STL model using Aspire, I then created the toolpaths associated with the model and saved as a VCarve File for a friend. However when he opens it the model is gone. I took all my 3d objects and made one STL and actually stripped the file and re imported just the STL. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. I do not have VCarve installed on my machine, could that be an issue?

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Convert Aspire STL

Post by SteveNelson46 »

When you save a project in Aspire as a VCarve file, all 3D models, including STL files, will be removed from the final save. I suggest that you send the saved VCarve file to him along with the STL file and let him import it. There is a message in Aspire when trying to save as a VCarve file that warns you of this.
Last edited by SteveNelson46 on Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

I actually saved it as a VCarve file, .crv, even if I reopen it the model is stripped along with the corresponding toolpaths. I downloaded VCarve Pro, but its a trial version.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

This is intended behavior built into Aspire and, so far, there is no way that I know of to circumvent it.
Steve

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by ohiolyons »

FYI additional info.

While Aspire allows you to create clipart files instead of STL's they are only visible to Aspire users.

It is marketing 101.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

Makes sense. I appreciate all the help.

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

As an aspire user can I download a non trial version of VCarve Pro?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

UnitedCarvings wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:17 pm
As an aspire user can I download a non trial version of VCarve Pro?
No you can't as it wouldn't be licenced :lol: :lol:

You don't create STL files within Aspire, Aspire has it's own file format so any components created within Aspire are not STL models.
Even with a licenced version of Vcarve you would not see any 3D elements as these are stripped out when any Aspire file is saved as a CRV file.

What you can do is export the model as an STL file, if you look under the model tab at the top of the screen you will see this option on the dropdown, you can send that STL model to your friend & they can import it the same way they import any STL model but I am not sure if there is anyway to send them the 3D toolpaths :lol: :lol:
If you also sent them the CRV file that would contain all the 2D info & they could open that & then import the STL model you sent. They should then only have to toolpath any 3D content within the file :lol: :lol: