Another Error Message

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
BarryGilbert
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 2

Another Error Message

Post by BarryGilbert »

I only started to get these messages once I upgraded to 11.5 and continue to receive them after all the smaller updates. Can someone point me in the right direction for a solution?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-16 120907.png
Screenshot 2023-01-16 121000.png

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Re: Another Error Message

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Does this happen with all ".crv3d" files? Does it happen with files that you have created from start or only with files from somewhere else?

What happens when you double-click on a file from File Manager?
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Clue number one: the error message mentions "import".

Hypothesis: you are using the "Import Component / 3D Model..." menu item and the .crv3d file does not contain a 3D component.

import.png

Why not just use "File > Open..." instead? If you really must import the file use "Import Vectors..." as it seems to contain only 2D information.

BarryGilbert

Post by BarryGilbert »

Tex_Lawrence wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:19 pm
Does this happen with all ".crv3d" files? Does it happen with files that you have created from start or only with files from somewhere else?

What happens when you double-click on a file from File Manager?
The file lives in my iDrive folder (Network) and works if I go to another computer (outside in the shop). When I open the file from the File Manager I get the same message.

Thanks.

BarryGilbert

Post by BarryGilbert »

adze_cnc wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 pm
Clue number one: the error message mentions "import".

Hypothesis: you are using the "Import Component / 3D Model..." menu item and the .crv3d file does not contain a 3D component.

import.png

Why not just use "File > Open..." instead? If you really must import the file use "Import Vectors..." as it seems to contain only 2D information.
I am attempting to open the file that I saved prior. I went outside and had no problem opening it from another computer. It's like if I save it from one computer, that one is the one I have to use for it. I know that's not the case but that's how random it is.
Thanks!

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Hmm.. hypothesis tested and proved wrong. It happens. How about copying the from the iDrive to the Documents folder on the “bad” computer then try to open that copy and see if the iDrive an issue? Or copy the file to a usb stick on the “good” computer and see if that file will open off the stick on the “bad” computer?

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

It sounds to me like hard drive read/write issues. You can try uninstalling and then reinstalling Aspire. If that doesn't work you can use Windows "Chkdsk" to check for bad spots on the HD and if it finds any problems I would replace the hard drive. They're relatively inexpensive. A word of caution, just cloning the HD to a new drive may not solve the problem.
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

From the way you're saying that it works on computer A if saved from computer A and computer B when saved from computer B but not A-B or B-A then I would suspect permissions settings on the network drive.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

It could be permissions but usually the error message would indicate that. Especially if the data drive allows direct access from the sending computer. Checking the read/write cycles can't hurt anything and it's a place to start. There are many possibilities and without physical access to the machine and system it's all guess work.
Steve