Aspire 11.504 not previewing in 3D?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mikenbrenda
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

Aspire 11.504 not previewing in 3D?

Post by mikenbrenda »

My older 11. 0 version worked fine when previewing tool paths, so you get that 3D look... you can see the actual depth of field of the cuts.

But on the 11.504 version of Aspire, same settings no 3D effects on Preview of tool paths, it just looks like it was painted not the wood..

What happened or did a I miss something I had to choose now? which would be odd as it always worked the same before from VCarve all the way up to Aspire for me..

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Aspire 11.504 not previewing in 3D?

Post by Adrian »

Can you attach a picture showing what you mean? Are you running the same Preview Simulation Quality as before?

mikenbrenda
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

Re: Aspire 11.504 not previewing in 3D?

Post by mikenbrenda »

Found out an answer pretty quick from Vectric...

The Rendering engine saw a huge change which has indeed altered how lighting works in the 3D View now.

You just need to change the Toolpath fill colour to a very dark but not black Grey and this will give you the effect similar to how black used to look in the older software.
Generally, we can now show brighter brights and darker darks as part of the changes, and where black used to appear as the dark grey, it can now show as actual black when used.