Ok, I think I may be losing my mind...!?!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
chapklc
Model of CNC Machine: Scienci Long Mill 30x30

Ok, I think I may be losing my mind...!?!

Post by chapklc »

I am running the new version of aspire 11.503. Has the Feed rate changed?
What I mean is...
Before... I used have the tools setup, and based on my chipload and tool parameters I would obtain my feed rate.
Now it seems the speed is automatically calculating the feed rate ... can I now assume it is corrected based on my chosen speed?
Maybe it was always doing this? Just wondering...thanks.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Ok, I think I may be losing my mind...!?!

Post by Adrian »

The chipload field is just a display calculation based on the feed rate, spindle speed and number of flutes.

If you change any of those three parameters the displayed chipload will change accordingly.

chapklc

Post by chapklc »

Adrian, thanks for responding...
I guess what I'm asking is....was the calculation always automated?
I don't remember the feed rate automatically changing before. So I was just trying to figure out if all this time I had been changing it when I didn't need to.......

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

How is the FEEDRATE changing automatically - it should not be.

The CHIPLOAD will change automatically when you change the feedrate, but not the other way around.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

…and...
chapklc wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:27 pm
Before... I used have the tools setup, and based on my chipload and tool parameters I would obtain my feed rate.
Since chipload has never been editable how could you have obtained your feedrate from tool parameters and chipload?

chapklc

Post by chapklc »

So what I would do, go into the tool setup...
Set my speed, look at the chip load. Then I would go to Precisebits speed and feed calculator since I use their bits.
I would enter the spindle speed, diameter, and chipload. Their calculations would give me the Feed speed.
I would then enter it into the toolpath setup.

Now as soon as I enter the spindle speed, it calculates the chip load, and populates the feed speed. I don't remember it filling in the feed speed previously... that's why I think i'm losing it! lol...
anyway, it was really confusing me, because if you change your feed speed, the chip load changes... AND i can modify the chip load...
I feel that I shouldn't be able to do that... because I feel like the numbers are then arbitrarily created by me...
Make sense?
I liked it when there was a control involved...

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As has already been said those settings are not automated, you set the spindle speed & the feed rate yourself, you can't set a figure for the chipload yourself by typing something in the box but if you change either the spindle speed, the feedrate or the number of flutes then the chipload will change :lol: :lol:

There haven't been any changes to how it all works with the 11.503 patch :lol: :lol:

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

I'm struggling to understand this. The indiscriminate use of the pronoun "it" isn't helping.

A pictorial essay:

Base values
Base values

Change spindle speed ; feed rate doesn't change
Change spindle speed ; feed rate doesn't change

Change feed rate ; spindle speed doesn't change
Change feed rate ; spindle speed doesn't change

Enter the 3rd image's spindle speed and chipload into Precise Bits calculator and feed rate is close to what I chose in Vectric tool database.
Enter the 3rd image's spindle speed and chipload into Precise Bits calculator and feed rate is close to what I chose in Vectric tool database.

Enter spindle speed and feed rate into my usual calculator and chipload is as in Vectric's tool database. (Calculator rounds to 3 digits. Entered spindle speed / 10 to see 4th digit.)
Enter spindle speed and feed rate into my usual calculator and chipload is as in Vectric's tool database. (Calculator rounds to 3 digits. Entered spindle speed / 10 to see 4th digit.)

Tests done in VCarve version 11.501. Perhaps automatic updating of the other field happens when you alter the spindle speed or feed rate in versions 11.502 or 11.503 but that seems unlikely as VCarve has never done that in all the versions I've used.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Tests done in VCarve version 11.501. Perhaps automatic updating of the other field happens when you alter the spindle speed or feed rate in versions 11.502 or 11.503 but that seems unlikely as VCarve has never done that in all the versions I've used.

No nothing has changed in either 11.502 or 11.503 of Aspire :lol: :lol: