Version 11.5 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Loki1989
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

Re: Version 11.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by Loki1989 »

Not sure where to put this information but I'd like to suggest two upgrades that could be added either in V12 or a subsequent 11.5 update.

1. The capability to tile from any XY Datum position. Currently, the user only has the ability to use the tiling feature from the bottom left corner. I can think of several reasons to have this origin point moved for tiling, having the added benefit while doing the same tiling calculations could be applied to at least the four corners of the material.

2. Adding material preview option to each tool path. Currently, the user has the option to preview a tool path within the simulation menu to select material, global fill color, toolpath color, and lithophane. Being able to select a base material such as maple within the active sheet tab but also having the ability to select a texture or material and assign it to a specific toolpath. My thoughts are this could help with previewing V-carve inlay projects, similar to assigning colors to toolpaths for previewing painting/epoxy fill projects.

Cheers,
-Ryan

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Not sure where to put this information but I'd like to suggest two upgrades that could be added either in V12 or a subsequent 11.5 update.

Feature requests are better sent directly to Vectric than posted on the forum, Vectric do look in on the forum but could miss your request. The forum is more for user to user support :lol: :lol:

support@vectric.com is I believe the best place to send them :lol:

mcww_shop
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 Pro

Post by mcww_shop »

martin54 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:42 pm
You can't update to 11.5 the same way you would with a patch, it's a completely new install. Log into your portal account & the download for 11.5 should be in there, download & install & you will then have both V11 & V11.5 on the computer, once you are happy with 11.5 you can uninstall V11 :lol: :lol:
Thanks! What does the file "Aspire_patch_to_v11502.exe" do if it doesn't upgrade 11.x to 11.502?

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

mcww_shop wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:24 am
Thanks! What does the file "Aspire_patch_to_v11502.exe" do if it doesn't upgrade 11.x to 11.502?
It applies the 11.502 patch to the base 11.501 distribution, which was the big, independent installation a couple of weeks ago that upgraded from 11.0
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

dennoh
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft

Post by dennoh »

"Scroll down a bit and you should see the following. That's what you need to download."

Thank you

chapklc
Model of CNC Machine: Scienci Long Mill 30x30

Post by chapklc »

i'm having the same concern.
I am currently running 11.016, I have installed all the patches as they have come along.

When I down load and run the 11.5, I get this message

When I go to my portal, my only option is to download the 11.5
I'm not sure why that message says it cannot find it... it's in the same folder.
files.png
Attachments
Picture1.png

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

chapklc wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:35 pm
i'm having the same concern.
I am currently running 11.016, I have installed all the patches as they have come along.

When I down load and run the 11.5, I get this message

When I go to my portal, my only option is to download the 11.5
I'm not sure why that message says it cannot find it... it's in the same folder. files.png
The patch file you're trying to run is for Aspire 11.5 not 11. You have to install 11.5 first and then you can install the patch upgrade to that.

Look at the folder you're in in your picture. It's 11.0 not 11.5

chapklc
Model of CNC Machine: Scienci Long Mill 30x30

Post by chapklc »

So used to grabbing the patches, and also, it is the only thing that mentions 11.5.
Some of us need to be reminded to the grab the "installer file" underneath our licenses. Then we can grab the patch!

thanks for understanding!

chemstock
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: laguna 4x8 w/ 11" 4th Axis; MX CO2 laser

Post by chemstock »

Great update!

In the 11.5 release video, I saw a reference to video cards. Was my understanding that Vectric does not use GPU, has this changed or does the program only use the graphics card to display?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

chemstock wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:34 pm
Great update!

In the 11.5 release video, I saw a reference to video cards. Was my understanding that Vectric does not use GPU, has this changed or does the program only use the graphics card to display?
Yes it's changed. The GPU is used for the toolpath previews, 3D modelling etc rather than the software only approach before.

drewactual
Model of CNC Machine: Phantom S-Series 4x8

Post by drewactual »

Dang, guys.

Updated this morning the patch that was pushed between this morning and yesterday... whichever that is, as I'm not at the station to confirm.

A new issue has arrived that cost the shop a LOT of time.

Toolpaths made in earlier versions run fine. Toolpaths altered or made with new patch have about a 50/50 shot of machine reporting "not a supported filetype"...

Now, that SHOULD point to the machine.. or the post processor... but it doesn't. It was luck I discovered what triggers it... it ONLY happens with a bit that uses a non conventional tool name. Every. Single. Time..

The setup is multi sheets, using 4 sheets of varying size and thickness, and using several combined toolpaths and a total of six different bits... nothing that hasn't worked for literally over a year since I upgraded cncs... and the post processor? I wrote it myself and the manufacturer adopted it as the official pp- and it has worked without flaw forever.

The release notes mentioned not a single thing about tool databases yet there is a new function there- something about variable or calculation?

What gives, yall? My shop literally lost a day of production because of this.

What can I do to fix it?

drewactual
Model of CNC Machine: Phantom S-Series 4x8

Post by drewactual »

soooooo ignore it and it will go away?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

drewactual wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:59 am
soooooo ignore it and it will go away?
Probably best to contact Vectric. This is a user to user support forum primarily and as no-one else seems to be having the issue it would seem to be something to do with your setup as a guess. I remember similar things happening in the past with Mach3 users who used brackets in tool names.

chemstock
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: laguna 4x8 w/ 11" 4th Axis; MX CO2 laser

Post by chemstock »

Have used the update for a few weeks now. All of the adds are good and I will make use of them. an observation though is the toolpath simulator runs much slower, even when I am using the GPU on the graphics card.
I assume the GPU configuration is done on the graphics configuration on the Microsoft settings panel. I have set Aspire 11.5 to "high performance" Is there something else I need to do?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

What do you have the Preview Simulation Quality set to on the Toolpaths menu?

The simulation with the new engine can be a bit slower but there isn't a direct correlation between the quality levels from previous versions to this. Therefore you may find Very High gives you the same appearance as Maximum before and running at Very High will be faster.