This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Version 11.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by martin54 »

chemstock wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:25 pm
Have used the update for a few weeks now. All of the adds are good and I will make use of them. an observation though is the toolpath simulator runs much slower, even when I am using the GPU on the graphics card.
I assume the GPU configuration is done on the graphics configuration on the Microsoft settings panel. I have set Aspire 11.5 to "high performance" Is there something else I need to do?
Are you actually using the graphics card & are the drivers up to date? If you click on the help tab at the top of the page & scroll down to about then the pop up will tell you what graphics card you are using or if you are using software rendering.
Check the actual graphics card settings as well to make sure they are set correctly.
As Adrian has pointed out you may be able to select a lower preview quality setting & still get the same sort of quality you were getting in a previous version :lol: :lol:

sagreen83

Post by sagreen83 »

I have an older copy of Aspire that I would like to upgrade. Seems like if you have purchased the 11.0 upgrade, you are entitled to an 11.5 patch. Has anyone paid for the upgrade during a Minor release? Do you get the next major release free as well with the upgrade, or are you limited to the current minor release?

Scott...

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

11.5 is a complete new install and not a patch and it's free if you have version 11. If you have an older version you will need to purchase 11.5 as an upgrade.
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

sagreen83 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:35 pm
I have an older copy of Aspire that I would like to upgrade. Seems like if you have purchased the 11.0 upgrade, you are entitled to an 11.5 patch. Has anyone paid for the upgrade during a Minor release? Do you get the next major release free as well with the upgrade, or are you limited to the current minor release?

Scott...
from the FAQ on the Vectric website:
Minor updates are always free to anyone who has the same major version (e.g V11.5 will be free to all owners of V11.0 software).

Any major version of the software released within 12 months of you purchasing the software is supplied free of charge and available from your V&Co account.

You can upgrade to the latest version of the software for the same price, regardless of the version you are currently running. For example, the price to upgrade to the latest version of the software if the same, regardless of whether you are upgrading from version 4.0 or 11.0.

If you upgrade your software to a new version (not a new product purchase) you will get a bonus 3 months FREE upgrade period (as a 'safety net' in case Vectric release another version within 3 months of your most recent upgrade purchase)

The upgrade eligibility timescales are as follows:

If you have purchased a brand new product for the first time - You will receive FREE upgrades to any new versions released within 12 months of your purchase date.
For upgrading to a new product - for example from VCarve Pro to Aspire - You will receive FREE upgrades to any new versions released within 12 months of the date you upgraded to Aspire.
For upgrading from one version to another for example from VCarve Pro V9.0 to VCarve Pro version 11 - You will receive a FREE upgrade to any new version of VCarve Pro released within 3 months of you purchasing the upgrade.