This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Problems with Aspire V11.014

Post by mtylerfl »

Charlie_l wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:08 pm
Thanks for your comments here. They are all helpful.
I organized my experiences with the 015 update and emailed the documents to support.
I suspect my problem is more my problem than theirs, but maybe they can point me in the right direction.
Hi Charlie,

Shot in the dark…have you tried installing and running the program “As Administrator”?

I have one particular program (in both 32-bit and 64-bit format) that requires I install it and run it “As Administrator” on my Win 7 Pro (64-bit) workstation.

(BTW, I have had no problems running any version of the Vectric software on this same computer, though. Updates install fine, too.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Charlie_l wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:08 pm
Thanks for your comments here. They are all helpful.
I organized my experiences with the 015 update and emailed the documents to support.
I suspect my problem is more my problem than theirs, but maybe they can point me in the right direction.
Hi Charlie,

Shot in the dark…have you tried installing and running the program “As Administrator”?

I have one particular program (in both 32-bit and 64-bit format) that requires I install it and run it “As Administrator” on my Win 7 Pro (64-bit) workstation.

(BTW, I have had no problems running any version of the Vectric software on this same computer, though. Updates install fine, too.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

eewhite25
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by eewhite25 »

Hi Michael
Ed White here from up the road in Warner Robins.
I have the same problem but only on my shop computer which is a 32bit machine which I run the Xylotex controller that uses a parallel port to work with Mach 3, and I run that machine as an Administrator and up to now has ran all version of Vectric software that I use has worked fine except the 0.15 patch.
I uninstalled 0.15 patch again and reinstall Aspire 11.010 and it works great on my shop computer.

I don't believe my hardware is the problem because it works great on my office computer which is 32/64bit.
I notice the last time I installed the patch 0.15 patch on my 32bit computer it had near the end of the install something about 64bit in the load script was there and when I reinstalled 0.10 it wasn't in that load script. May be a glitch in the 32bit installer. Just a thought.
I will be sending this same message to support today
If you're up my way email me, and we can meet and have lunch
eewhite25@cox.net.
Ed

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

While reading more of this thread which, in the end is relating to "32-bit" installations, my darling bride of 50 years was watching the old western "DUEL IN THE SUN released December 30, 1946." ( http://www.bewaretheblog.com/2022/02/gr ... -five.html )

There was a scene where Lionel Barrymore had his boys lined up along a barbed wire fence with pistols and rifles at the ready. Then the US Cavalry road up, USA flag waving in the breeze, and lined up against them on the other side of that fence where the federally approved railroad was going to cross his land with some rails.

Isn't it obvious yet that somewhere along here the 32-bit support will end? :D

PS. Yeah, I know, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." YadaYadaYada :D
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

gio14
Model of CNC Machine: roland modela 540

Post by gio14 »

Tex_Lawrence wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:35 am
While reading more of this thread which, in the end is relating to "32-bit" installations, my darling bride of 50 years was watching the old western "DUEL IN THE SUN released December 30, 1946." ( http://www.bewaretheblog.com/2022/02/gr ... -five.html )

There was a scene where Lionel Barrymore had his boys lined up along a barbed wire fence with pistols and rifles at the ready. Then the US Cavalry road up, USA flag waving in the breeze, and lined up against them on the other side of that fence where the federally approved railroad was going to cross his land with some rails.

Isn't it obvious yet that somewhere along here the 32-bit support will end? :D

PS. Yeah, I know, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." YadaYadaYada :D
As I see it, one of the strengths of Vectric (beyond the quality of the product) is the assistance it provides to customers and among these also the support for outdated systems (one may be forced to use an outdated system for several situations. ), for example, I started from Aspire 8, now I'm at version 11 but for my use version 8 could also be enough, and if I had had problems with the operating system I would have stayed at 8 (when support for older systems ends the Vectric will decide based on its market logic)

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hi Everyone,

We are seeing a separate issue in V11.015 from the one in V11.014 which started this thread, which only is affecting 32bit computers.
It's being worked on as we speak and while I don't have a release time for it at the moment, contact me on support@vectric.com if you are unable to start the software after updating to V11.015 and have a 32bit computer.

I have some steps to help gather some information on the issue and then can help you get going again on V11.010 for now while we address the root cause on this.

Fab6657
Model of CNC Machine: Sorotec PFE-1000

Post by Fab6657 »

CharlieP wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:27 pm
Hi Everyone,

We are seeing a separate issue in V11.015 from the one in V11.014 which started this thread, which only is affecting 32bit computers.
It's being worked on as we speak and while I don't have a release time for it at the moment, contact me on support@vectric.com if you are unable to start the software after updating to V11.015 and have a 32bit computer.

I have some steps to help gather some information on the issue and then can help you get going again on V11.010 for now while we address the root cause on this.
Hi CharlieP,

I am actually writting the email like you proposed. Soon in your mailbox.

Thank a lot for the support.

jdonaldson
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger Epilog Aspire

Post by jdonaldson »

Hi Charlie,

I also have an win 7 32 bit machine that the upgrade to .15 has
caused it to stop working. Logged into my account and it only shows
11.015 where do I find and old copy of 11.010.

Thanks

John

Fab6657

Post by Fab6657 »

Hi Charly, Vectric Support Team, Forum members,

with uninstall and new installation by file provided by Charlie (version 11.010), I was able to get Aspire back onto my CNC computer.
I tried patch 11.014, and it is working as well.

Thank for support, and looking forward for fix of version 11.015.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Is there a reason why people are sticking with 32-bit operating systems? The only one I can think of is that they are running mach3 via a parallel port & the drivers don't exist for 64-bit systems. if you are using USB or Ethernet, you should be able to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system & use the same Microsoft licence key.

Fab6657

Post by Fab6657 »

martin54 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:09 pm
Is there a reason why people are sticking with 32-bit operating systems? The only one I can think of is that they are running mach3 via a parallel port & the drivers don't exist for 64-bit systems. if you are using USB or Ethernet, you should be able to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system & use the same Microsoft licence key.
Fully agree Martin, this is the reason why I use a 32bits OS. My CNC settings are from 2012 and at that time all the hardware and breaking board are for parallel port. So I am still using Mach3 and this old operating system to be able handle the parallel port. I could invest some money to add an another interface like Smoothstepper, but actually, need to keep money for other reason. So I am full happy that Vectric mantain this effort and is able to propose software for this 32bits environment.

Fab6657

Post by Fab6657 »

Hello,

let me say here thank you Vectric. Commitment to customer support is great. I just got the update 11.016 and the Win32 issue is now fixed. So my CNC computer is again able to run the latest Aspire version.

PS, other issues was fixed as well in this version, check the release notes!