Boundary

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ricklach
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 1510 Workbee/5'x10 Colossus (home Built)

Boundary

Post by ricklach »

I am trying to place a boundary around a complex shape and each time I do I picks up some of the inside vectors (that are close to the boundary edge) that I do not want included in the boundary. Can I place the boundary on another level with all the selected parts, then cut out the parts I do not want in the boundary level and join any vectors that need to be joined to create the boundary outline? Then when it comes time to cutout the object just use the boundary level for my cutout toolpath?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Boundary

Post by martin54 »

Can't you just delete the vectors you don't want to be included in your Boundary? Can you post a screen shot showing what you would like to do? Sure I must be missing something in your post :lol: :lol:

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Draw the boundary manually so it only includes the area you want it to contain. The automated process sometimes does what you describe due to the nature of the situation.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

When you use the Create Vector Boundary tool. all vectors are grouped. When ungrouped, you can move any individual vector anywhere you want.
Steve

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

ricklach wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:27 am
Can I place the boundary on another level with all the selected parts, then cut out the parts I do not want in the boundary level and join any vectors that need to be joined to create the boundary outline?
I'm not sure that "levels" is quite right here. "Levels" are found on the Modeling tab in the component (3D) tree. Perhaps you mean "Layers"? If so a look at the "Layers" tutorial might be of use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kS3osTw8YQ

Jan.vanderlinden
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Post by Jan.vanderlinden »

How about you just select the shape, and then use the offset tool, outwards XXX amount.
“I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more”