Help with Emoji Project

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
monalek49
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Help with Emoji Project

Post by monalek49 »

Good Afternoon Forum,
I am seeking some help again. I want to cut the free DM emojis. I have some scrap clear pine that is about .75 inches thick.
I have imported the emoji files. I can get the emoji file into the modeling tab. My difficulty is deciding how thick the base should be and the model height . So I settled on .20 for the base height and overall height of .53 for the project. I want to set the Z height to table base.
My difficulty is cutting the emoji out. I seem confused on how to set up a profile cut on the border of the emoji. It is not a perfect circle. The sunglass edge sticks out a bit.
I also do not under stand the message when run the 3d finishing program that states Large Machining Allowance selected.
Not sure what this means. I am also wondering what to set the rest Machining to. I would like to not have to sand to much.
Any advice or tips and help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Happy E.crv3d
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 43 times

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Help with Emoji Project

Post by martin54 »

Select the 3D model, go to the modeling tab at the top of the screen, on the dropdown list select create vector boundary for selected 3D model :lol: :lol:
This will create a boundary vector for the model.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Help with Emoji Project

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Machining allowance on the roughing toolpath is how much material is left for the finishing toolpath to remove. If it exceeds more than 20% of the tool diameter, in this case .025" or 20% of a 1/8" endmill, then you will get the error message.

I really don't think you need rest machining on such a small project. Your 1/8 em in the roughing toolpath has already done most of the work. Delete the 1/8" EM in the finishing toolpath and it should be good to go. If you really need that much more resolution on the finished project try replacing the 1/8" end mill in the finishing toolpath with a 1/16" ballnose. You could even add a 1/32" ballnose for a smoother finish. Successively smaller bits will produce an even smoother finish.
Steve