Create 3d model in aspire 11

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
edcross
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Fineline automation 50" x 50"

Create 3d model in aspire 11

Post by edcross »

Downloaded free trial Aspire 11 , attached is a part i want to model and wrap in ( A axis rotary ). I have watched videos from vcarve to model in Aspire , but they load a 3d model instead of creating the model . I have Desktop pro 11 but from what i read , it will not model the example . Before i spend the money for the upgrade , i want to know i can create models of table legs and such !

Thanks

Ed
Attachments
Capture 8 31 leg.JPG

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Create 3d model in aspire 11

Post by Leo »

Ed, the SHORT answer is yes, but so can V-Carve Pro. Aspire would do it the same way V-Carve would.

You do not need Aspire to create that table leg.

V-Carve Pro 11 can do that as a wrapped rotary project but you may need to be creative as the limitation with Desktop is 24".

HOW to do it will require some learning. Vectric has a GREAT number of tutorials available. You should "STUDY" --- not just watch --- the tutorials on wrapped machining and rotary machining.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

edcross
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Fineline automation 50" x 50"

Post by edcross »

Thanks , Desktop pro has no length restrictions , only the demo has the 24" Limit .

Thanks for your help !

Ed

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

edcross wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:57 pm
Thanks , Desktop pro has no length restrictions , only the demo has the 24" Limit .

Thanks for your help !

Ed
Are you sure you don't already have Vcarve pro? There isn't a Desktop pro in Vectrics software titles, it's either Vcarve desktop or Vcarve pro, the Desktop version has a size limit not just the trial but the licenced version although you can exceed 24 inch by tiling I believe.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Check out this tutorial. It explains how to create a spindle/table leg in Aspire.

Steve