Copy toolpaths to new sheet

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
matth1978
Model of CNC Machine: Teckel V series

Copy toolpaths to new sheet

Post by matth1978 »

Is there a way to copy all my toolpaths to a new sheet?

Every night I next hundreds of separate vectors to multiple sheets.
Pre v11 I then saved each new nested sheet to a separate file and copied all the vectors back to "sheet 1" where all my toolpaths are.

With the new multi sheet design of v11 I can create toolpaths for every sheet but all my toolpaths are on sheet 1.
I'd rather not have to manually recreate the toolpaths for every new sheet that is created during the nesting.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Copy toolpaths to new sheet

Post by dealguy11 »

Have you tried saving your vectors in appropriate layers, assigning tool paths to the layers, and saving them as a tool path template? When you load the resulting tool path template it automatically creates tool paths for each sheet. That’s how I manage hundreds of vectors on multiple sheets and it’s pretty easy.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Check what you have "Select toolpaths when edit sheet" set to in Options. Sounds like you have it set to Yes and for it to work the way you want it to you would need to have it set to No.

That way you just create the toolpaths and then press Recalculate All to calculate the toolpaths for that sheet. That's the way I worked pre and post V11.

You can also do it the template way as suggested depending on your workflow. I prefer to go sheet by sheet as I often need to amend the sheets as I go.

matth1978
Model of CNC Machine: Teckel V series

Post by matth1978 »

Steve, I haven't done that. Most of my designs use different layers for different ops but some are duplicated. Before v11 I would have say 20 toolpaths on sheet one and I would do a select vectors (by layer) for each toolpath I wanted to use, probably 5-6 of the 20 or so available pre-configured toolpaths.

Adrian, that's done it. By changing that option I can use the "All Sheets" option on the toolpaths and it will select the vectors on the currently viewed sheet.

Thanks for the input chaps.