tool database details missing

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Hoosterw
Model of CNC Machine: Sainsmart Prover 4030

tool database details missing

Post by Hoosterw »

I have upgraded to version 11.007. sofar so good.

It even took over my own tool database. BUT al my tools are greyed out now and missing the detail settings.

Any solution?

Attachments
aspire tool db.jpg

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: tool database details missing

Post by ohiolyons »

tools are greyed out by material and machine type.

Your photo shows hardwood, select a different material or machine if the machine is incorrect.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Hoosterw

Post by Hoosterw »

Yeah, thanks. I know. What ever machine or material I choose it doesnt bring back the detail settings as I had them set.

It always asks me to copy the settings, whatever machine is selected.

So I can only bring them up again ungreyed by copying them from a standard setting. I then have to adapt all settings back again to how they need to be.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You've changed something such as the material or machine name (most likely one) from what you're were using in the previous version. The tool database information is linked to the material/machine combination so if either is changed you have to define the settings for that combination.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian has said you have changed something BUT the settings you had must be there somewhere for you to be able to copy them, have a look through all the different material types & you should find one of them lists your original settings, that was the case for me if I remember correctly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoosterw

Post by Hoosterw »

Indeed something changed, I agree. But I haven't done anything. Just upgraded and then opened an old file to change a little and when I wanted to edit the toolpath it was the case.

I think my old machine def has gone. Thats the only thing I can think of? That it didnt take my old machine when upgrading.

It is a sainsmart and that isnt in their database, so I used the desktop default for my work, with a g-code generic postproc.

Well it werent that many tools....

Thanks for looking and helping.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

When you install V11 you have to choose a machine definition. In V10 they were present as well but manually setup so you probably had a machine like Imported or Default depending if V10 was your first version or not.

You can rename the Desktop Default name that you chose to be the same as your old name and then the definitions will come back but if it's only a few it's probably easiest just to stick to what is there now.

llwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick

Post by llwood »

I just upgraded to V11 (not an early adopter), and all my tools are greyed out. I understand that they will be greyed out for a new machine and new material type, however I want to use the same settings I had previously for all my bits. Is there any way I can do this automatically? Is there any way I can copy the settings for multiple bits at once? I really don't want to copy the settings for each of my 50+ bits. This is making me regret upgrading to V11.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy

Hoosterw

Post by Hoosterw »

I am afraid it has to be by hand, at least thats what I am doing. The old tools are 'linked' to your old machines definition.
As probably V11 does not have that machine, the tools are unlinked (greyed) .

That was for me the case....

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

llwood wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:09 am
I just upgraded to V11 (not an early adopter), and all my tools are greyed out. I understand that they will be greyed out for a new machine and new material type, however I want to use the same settings I had previously for all my bits. Is there any way I can do this automatically? Is there any way I can copy the settings for multiple bits at once? I really don't want to copy the settings for each of my 50+ bits. This is making me regret upgrading to V11.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy
Did you have your tool database backed up in your V&Co account? If you did then it may have the old machine backed up as well, after I had connected to my account I am sure the 2 machines I had set up appeared in the machine configuration list, I just had to select each of them & add the post processors they needed :lol: :lol: