Edit Vectric V3M file

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
MP0021
Model of CNC Machine: MillRight CNC Power Route

Edit Vectric V3M file

Post by MP0021 »

Hello my name is James. I am new to CNC and working with Aspire. I downloaded a V3M file from the Design & Make store and was wondering is there a way to edit the picture? I have tried looking through the Aspire program and haven't figure it out yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Edit Vectric V3M file

Post by Adrian »

You can do all sorts to it. All depends on what you want to do. You can cut parts out, blend parts, smooth parts etc etc.

It's just another component as far as the software is concerned so anything you can do in the videos to a component you can do.

MP0021

Post by MP0021 »

Hello Adrian. Thank you for the response. I have attached a picture of what I am wanting to edit. I am trying to remove the hand and sword that is on top of the head. I cant figure out how to do that. I'm not sure what tool or tools in the Aspire program to use.
Untitled.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

There are a few tools you can use to do that. The Clear Area Inside tool, Split Component tool and level clipping.

https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... el-effects

Seachaser
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster

Post by Seachaser »

Hello James. I think I would create a boundary around the model, then select the boundary and from Node Editing remove the spans that describe the sword and hand, leaving a contour of the crest and helmet. Then remove everything OUTSIDE of the vector boundary. Hope that helps.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian has said there are several ways to achieve what you want to do, one way that has been mentioned is to draw a vector around the sword & hand & then use the clear area of selected component inside selected vectors, the tool is circled blue & you can see the vector I have drawn :lol: :lol:

Don't want to put you off but 3D modeling can be quite advanced, if your new to CNC & the software then it might be an idea to learn some of the basics before you go to much further, Vectric provide a lot of good tutorials you can work through, takes a while but will give you a very good understanding :lol: :lol: :lol:
sword removal.PNG

MP0021

Post by MP0021 »

Thank you everyone for the advice.

martin54- Yes I have been watching a lot of the tutorials on Vectric and Youtube. There is so much to learn. :D

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

MP0021 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:37 pm
Thank you everyone for the advice.

martin54- Yes I have been watching a lot of the tutorials on Vectric and Youtube. There is so much to learn. :D
Something that may be of help (depending on your style of learning) is that most of the Vectric tutorials have files that you can download & then work along side the video rather than just watching :lol: :lol: