Shopbot pp V11

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Wayne Locke
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Shopbot pp V11

Post by Wayne Locke »

In the fill-in sheet for machine, etc. the choice for PP was Shopbot TC ( I assume Tool Changer) and Shopbot Indexer. Do just use the older Shopbot Arc inch PP? This is the first time I have needed to cut something from V11.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Shopbot pp V11

Post by Adrian »

The Shopbot processors were consolidated down to those a while ago. The TC one includes all the arc commands and if you don't have a tool changer it will prompt you to change tools manually instead.

Bill_L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha

Post by Bill_L »

Adrian is correct. Leave all your tools as number 1. I have tried both PPs with 11 and get the same results.

Bill

Wayne Locke
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Wayne Locke »

Ok. I posted because I had run a file and got an error message about not returning to the correct home position and just assumed that it was because it was the wrong pp. Am going back to finish the cuts. Thanks Bill and Adrian.

Wayne Locke
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Wayne Locke »

I posted this on the SB Forum also but here is what happens when I use the new pp.

I am having issues with the new pp, Shopbot TC (Arcs)(Inch))(*.sbp). I get an error at the start for line 3('__________). Pressing ok runs the file followed by the error, "Could not correct the location of an Axis returned to starting value" which I think refers to the A Axis which it changes from 0 to .350 after the file. There are only M3 and J3 moves in the file. The last lines of the file are,
C7
END
'
'
UNIT_ERROR:
CN, 91 'Run file explaining unit error
END

I have no idea what C7 or CN, 91 are.
Can I just revert to the older pp which seems to generate the same moves without the issues.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Nothing stopping you from using the old post processor you have. The one I use I wrote nearly 10 years ago for my Shopbot.

C7 is a custom (macro) call to whatever you have setup in SB3 at that location. By default its the routine that decides whether to call the manual or automatic tool change routine.

CN 91 is another call to detect whether the units (metric or imperial) the file is written in matches what the control software is.

Bill_L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha

Post by Bill_L »

Wayne,

Just import the old pp and make it the default. BTW do you have limit checking turned on in SB3?

Bill

Wayne Locke
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Wayne Locke »

Again, thanks Adrian and Bill. I do not have limit checking turned on. If I ever looked at that, it has been years. I have pretty much decided to use the older pp which I have used forever. I just thought that maybe the newer one which the software installation pushed by making it the only choice might be needed with the new version.

Thanks for your help.

stephenr
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Standard 48x96

Post by stephenr »

I understand this is an older thread, but I just checked and the following Aspire v11 directory has additional Shopbot post processors:

C:\ProgramData\Vectric\Aspire\V11.0\PostP\02-ShopBot\

In addition to the 02-Shopbot directory, there are also the following directories:

01-Misc
03-Homag-Weeke
04-Biesse
05-Wrapped

I just checked the forum for updated v11 info. and was glad I found these additional directories. I do not know why the three Shopbot post processors mentioned are in a separate directory.