Vectric Technical Support

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Vectric Technical Support

Post by SteveNelson46 »

A week or so ago there was some discussion here on the forum about creating a component from a toolpath preview. I sent my project to technical support and they responded quickly with a solution that satisfied me so I posted it here so others could get the benefit also and I thought no more of it. Then today, I received this message from Katie:

"Hello Steve,

You are seeing this as you have created a two sided project.
When using the create a component from the toolpath preview option on a two sided project the software creates a component from each side of the toolpath preview separately
and then merges them together.
So you would need to remove the waste material from both sides of the project, to do this you will need to turn off the double-sided view option to see what the software will export
for each side.

Looking at the file you will need to create a profile cut on both sides so you can remove the waste material from both sides of the project, then create a component from the toolpath preview
and this should work correctly.
Please see video (no sound): https://www.screencast.com/t/XspUrwMfh

You can also use the Clear area of selected components outside selected vectors tool instead as mentioned in the previous email after creating the model.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Katie"

This was my response:
"Wow Katie! I have never had tech support to this level for any software product before. A video using my own project? This blew me away and I feel very special. Thank you very much for a great response and a great program."

In addition to a very busy schedule they actually took the time to make a video along with a detailed explanation. Tech support doesn't get any better than this.
Steve