Custom Brush Sculpting

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Custom Brush Sculpting

Post by garylmast »

I've been playing around with the custom brush sculpting, which seems to be great with one exception. Using Aspires clipart, I made a custom brush of a duck, but when I apply it, the largest size I can get is 25mm. I can't find a way to increase it. Before creating it, I tried different sizes and thickest of the component but still can only get the 25mm size after creating the brush. Has anybody figured a way to increase the size? If that's the size limit, I hope Vectric will change it.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Custom Brush Sculpting

Post by garylmast »

I just received the following from Vectric Support:

The sculpting works with the pixels in the model so the actual size a sculpting brush will appear is dependent on the relationship between the modelling resolution and the model size.
The 301 references the pixel size. So for example, if you had a 1000mm x 1000mm model at the standard modelling resolution (1000x1000 pixels) where 1mm = 1 pixel the standard deposit brush would be around 301mm diameter.

The component brush is a little more complex than this as it is calculated to fit within this area allowing for the worst case rotation of the brush, so would be smaller than this to some extent depending on the brush being used, but would never go outside this 301 pixel diameter

So in effect because your design is tall and thin, this means there are less pixels relative in the width here for the diameter and gives a smaller diameter for brushes.

Having said that, I will forward on your suggestion to look into enabling the option for larger brushes to development for future considerations.

stephenr
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Standard 48x96

Re: Custom Brush Sculpting

Post by stephenr »

Thank you, good information to know.
Stephen R.