Help setting up 2 monitors

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
robertf
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CnC Router

Help setting up 2 monitors

Post by robertf »

Well I updated to V 11 and all works fine so I thought why not use 2 monitors . Have Windows 10 fully
updated and a fast machine with 16 Gigs memory. I hooked up the second monitor and the machine recognized
it ok. the mouse works between the two monitors. I can bring up Aspire and it works on 1 monitor. How do I
get it to show 2d on one and 3d on the other ????

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Help setting up 2 monitors

Post by Adrian »

You have to set the monitors up in Windows settings so that the Windows desktop is stretched across both of them and maximise Aspire, then press the PgUp key to tile the 2D/3D windows vertically (or select that option from the View menu).

You can't undock the 2D/3D windows outside of the main Aspire window. You can undock and move the tabs outside of the main window though. When I used to use 2 monitors I had the main window on one monitor with all the tabs open on the other. When I switched to 3 monitors I stretched it across 2 of them and had the tabs on the 3rd. These days I use a single ultrawide 34" monitor as I find that is more flexible with layout options for all my various programs than multiple monitors.

robertf
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CnC Router

Re: Help setting up 2 monitors

Post by robertf »

Thank You, I'll giv that a try as soon as I can. Thanks