Problems V11

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
lvanduyn

Problems V11

Post by lvanduyn »

I just installed V11 and have run into problems.
I am setting up a rotary file and importing an 3D STL file of Beethoven.
In both V10.5 and V11, the file imports correctly and creates the 2D view.
In V10.5 and earlier versions, the system created, under the layer tab at the top,
the following: Zero plane, layer 1, 2rail sweep rails, bounding box, and Beethoven.
In V11 all I get is layer 1 and Beethoven. No zero plane, bounding box, or sweep rails.
Is this by design or is there a program problem?/
Larry

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Problems V11

Post by Adrian »

STL files don't contain layer information or vectors.

Are you sure you weren't loading an Aspire file with all that setup in it already rather than just an STL file?

lvanduyn

Post by lvanduyn »

Hi Adrian
I am importing an 3D STL file. I have been using these for years with previous versions with no problems
until V11 come along. I am running V10.5 and V11 side by side and am seeing exactly what I said in the first post.
Larry

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Never heard of an STL file with layers but after a bit of reading they do exist apparently.

Still seems odd that it would have those names to me but if it worked for you before then you're probably best to report it to Vectric.

lvanduyn

Post by lvanduyn »

Adrian
I'm not saying that the STL files have layers. I'm referring to the Layer 1 tab that appears on the
top of the edit window whenever you start a new project which shows what items are part of your current project.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Adrian wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 pm
... STL file with layers ... Still seems odd that it would have those names to me but if it worked for you before then you're probably best to report it to Vectric.
Adrian,
I just tried importing an STL file as a rotary job into VCarve v9.5, The layers "Zero Plane" and "Bounding Box" were not in the STL file. They were, though, created by VCarve.

I deleted the Zero Plane layer along with the data on it. The Zero Plane on the component tree was deleted.

Could it be that ver 11 no longer links the Zero Plane on the component tree with a bitmap in the layers? Same thing with the Bounding Box layer which is just a 2D rectangle the size of the material?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Sorry my mistake. I totally missed the part about it being a rotary job.