Rest machine 3d finish path in v11

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Rest machine 3d finish path in v11

Post by martin54 »

Sir, I have adjusted my stepover and it took about 15 min to update finally. There is no real reason for the rest machining except to speed up the overall carve and to get that smaller detail for the "Last Supper" I carved. I have done 2 so far and I can tell a difference with the rest machining.

I was a Chief Petty Office in the Royal Navy so never made "Sir" :lol: :lol: :lol:

If using rest machining speeds up the total time taken for a carve then that is a very good reason for using it & part if not the only reason it was developed :lol: :lol: Only reason I mentioned it is because it is new & people like to try new things, with a lot of the models I have using a smaller bit will not give me any extra detail so is a complete waste of machining time, for those jobs where it will give an extra level of detail then it will be getting used :lol: :lol: :lol:
I tend to spend a bit of time trying different sized bits to see which will give the level of detail I require & then use the largest bit that gives that level of detail, anything smaller is just a waste of machining time.
I know that Design & Make models are designed to give max resolution when machined at their import size with a 1/8" ballnose or TBN so I won't use anything smaller unless I have made the actual model smaller :lol: :lol: :lol: