Love it - V11

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Love it - V11

Post by Leo »

I have made and will continue to make things in different sizes.

I have made a scallop shell that I offer in 4", 6", 8" and 10 inch. They all have a different material size.

So, I made a new file and used sheets. One sheet for each size. Additionally, I learned a bit more about using toolpath templates and vector selection and associating toolpath to layers. Each cutter is associated to a layer.

Also - merged toolpaths makes combining roughing and finishing 3D toolpaths into one Gcode program really nice.

What I did in the past is now obsolete.

Doing this I can have everything in ONE file and creating a new size is a summer BREEZE on the ocean.

I did the Sand Dollar this morning and the Scallop Shell last night

I will be doing the Starfish next. I also have several different whales, mermaids, seahorses and other things.

LOVE this new V11 version

I use inexpensive (not so nowadayz) wood from borg.
Keyhole_sand_dollar_01.jpg
Sand Dollar Sheets.jpg
IMG_9542 thumb.jpg
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Re: Love it - V11

Post by wb9tpg »

I love the sheets functionality too. I'm in the process of merging 2 separate files I'd created for making 1911 grips into a single file. They were separate before because one used Material Surface and the other used Machine Bed for origin. I think I can do them all on one file now and eliminate the duplication. Thanks Vectric!
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

I also am a huge fan of the new sheets functionality, from a production point of view. It's now easier to add sheets, re-nest a few parts, work with sheets of different sizes and shapes.

One caution. Do make sure that you pay attention to the fact that sheets can be different in all ways - z set to top/bottom, thicknesses, position of z0, etc. Making a change at the job level can override many of those things, and you need to make sure you are aware of it or you may have an unexpected event. Guess how I know.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Steve,

Yes good point, I did notice that.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC