Aspire V11 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Aspire V11 is OUT NOW!

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Aspire Version 11 is available now!

We are delighted to announce the release of Aspire V11!

Version 11 is a free upgrade to everyone who has purchased version 10.5 for the first time in the last 12 months or upgraded from a previous version to version 10.5 in the past 3 months!

If you’re entitled to a free upgrade, your version 11 software has been credited to your V&Co account automatically. To access your version 11 software, simply sign into your V&CO account using your registered email address and click on ‘DOWNLOAD your software’.

https://portal.vectric.com/

Alternatively, if you are not entitled to a free upgrade, you can purchase the upgrade to version 11 for $400 USD (excludes local taxes). To take a look at all of the new and enhanced features released in version 11 head over to our website here: https://www.vectric.com/upgrade/aspire
To see all of the new and enhanced features in action, click below to watch our short ‘what’s new in Aspire’ video.

The release of version 11 includes lots of new features including; custom brush sculpting, multi sheet support for easy management of multi material projects, spell checking, 3D rest machining for optimized machining times and much more!

CUSTOM BRUSH SCULPTING
The new custom brush sculpting tool gives you the option of using any model as a sculpting brush, allowing you to add texture and detail to your composite model.

3D SEGMENTING
When importing 3rd party 3D models we've added the ability to interactively segment the model into parts to help minimize the loss of detail (undercuts) that can occur upon import.

MULTI SHEET SUPPORT
Enables you to organize your work through the new sheet management tab. Each sheet can become its own project, making it an ideal solution when you are working on projects with multiple materials.

3D REST MACHINING
Uses multiple tools to optimize machining time, material removal and tool lifespan. Within the 3D finish toolpath you have the option to use multiple tools with each tool removing any remaining material the previous tool was unable to.

SHAPE CREATOR - CUSTOM SHAPES
Custom profiles can now be used to create shapes within the create shape tool allowing you to control how the created shape is built up.

3D ROUGHING - AVOID MACHINED AREAS
The 3D raster strategy in the 3D roughing toolpath now has the option to avoid machined areas. For some types of 3D models this will result in shorter machining times.

SHAPE CREATOR - SWEEP
The new sweep option in the create shape form will take the chosen profile (either one of the pre-provided, or a new custom profile), and sweeps the vector inside of any selected closed vectors.

VARIABLE THICKNESS RELIEF SLICING
The slicing feature gives you the option to choose the thickness of individual slices to ensure there are no thin slices that can be problematic from an assembly point of view.

RESIZE VECTORS INDIVIDUALLY
We’ve introduced an option in the set size tool to allow you to resize vectors within a selection on an individual basis allowing you to resize multiple vectors to a value or percentage.

SPELL CHECKER
In various text entry fields spelling errors will now be underlined in red. You can locate the correct spelling from the right click menu to automatically replace the incorrect word.

RE-IMPORT 3D MODELS
When you import 3rd party 3D models as standard components in the software you can right click on the component(s) to take you back to the model orientation form where the software will remember the last settings used.

SWAP SIDES IN TWO SIDED JOBS
When working in a two sided project you can now take advantage of the new option to swap sides from the edit menu, where the software will swap over all of the content that is on one side to the other.

ONLINE POST PROCESSOR & MACHINE MANAGEMENT
From V11 it will be possible to add and configure different machines. Each machine can have a set of post-processors defined, and a separate tool database, so that machine settings, post-processors, and tool feeds and speeds can be kept in sync.

NESTING COMPONENTS & VECTORS SIMULTANEOUSLY
It is now possible to nest components and vectors simultaneously within your job, using the nest tool.

TEXT KERNING - WHOLE LINE
The edit text spacing tool has been enhanced so that you can now adjust the spacing between all characters on a line in one go.

3D ROUGHING - RASTER ANGLE
When using the 3D roughing toolpath there is now the option to specify a raster angle that no longer restricts you to the X or Y axis. Helping to avoid scenarios where there is excess material left for the finishing toolpath.

POCKET REST MACHINING TIME
When using the pocket toolpath, the detection of previously removed material has been significantly improved. If an area of material has already been cut by a larger tool that area should be skipped with subsequent tools resulting in faster machining times when multi-tool pocketing.

UNDO POLYLINE & DRAW CURVE
When creating vectors using the polyline and draw curve tool you can take advantage of the undo shortcut to be able to easily undo the last span.

MOULDING TOOLPATH - VECTOR SELECTOR
In the moulding toolpath form you can now make use of the automatic vector selector options allowing you to automatically select the rail and profile vectors for machining. This also means it is now possible to save moulding toolpaths as toolpath templates, making their creation easily automatable for a much quicker workflow.

CHAMFER TOOLPATH OVERCUT
In the chamfer toolpath we’ve introduced a new over cut option which enables you to use the side of the tool to make the final cut along the edge of the chamfer. This helps to ensure that the tip of the tool stays off the finished part.

DELETE EMPTY LAYERS
It is now possible to delete multiple layers from the right click menu within the layers menu.

RAMPING ON VCARVE
It is now possible to ramp plunges moves for all end mills and other types of clearance tools for which the corner sharpening option is unchecked. Helping to reduce the chance of your tools breaking, and can reduce wear and tear on the tools.

LASER MODULE
The laser cut & fill toolpath has seen improvements to the hatch fill option, when selecting multiple vectors in your job to hatch fill, you can now specify to 'fill together' or 'fill regionally'. When using the fill together option the laser head will fill out selected regions in one motion, in some cases this would result in faster machining times as the laser head doesn't need to slow down on a per region basis. The 'fill regionally' option will fill in each region before moving on to the next.
We've also added the ability to specify whether you want to outline your hatch fill too, so now you can create hatching that would simulate shaded areas without the solid outline.

Everyone running Aspire V10+ on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and checkout the latest V11 features.

If you run Aspire on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download version 11 from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser.

https://portal.vectric.com/

Please note: V11 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing software. Once you've installed V11, your previous version will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall your previous version.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the forgotten password link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased your software. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

Enjoy V11 from everyone at Vectric 😊

jnantel@outlook.fr
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325 R

Re: Aspire V11 is OUT NOW!

Post by jnantel@outlook.fr »

I went through the video about v11 and I am disappointed not to see any improvement for the 4 th axis.It would have been nice to be able to make measurement directly on the 3d object view, doing real cutting of 3D object instead of wrapping and unwrapping. Well I guess I will have to learn Powermill or RhinoCam. There are some nice features added but for me the update cost is to high. Sorry.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Stephanie has highlighted a number of the new features in the teaser videos. I want to point out a few features that weren't highlighted, but which are extremely beneficial to production users like me.

1. The teaser videos touched on the improvements to sheet processing, which allow you to use different materials and material sizes. This only touches on it. Different material sizes are extremely helpful when you are doing nesting and have cutfoffs and scraps to use up. Nesting has been improved so that you can nest across different sized sheets...so you can use up your scraps first, then go on to full sheets. If you need to re-nest a single sheet, you can now do that without disturbing the parts on the other sheets. You can delete un-needed sheets, and add new sheets if you get a few more parts that need to be cut. You can set an oddly-shaped nesting boundary by layer. You can nest components. These changes are huge for me.

2. The Moulding toolpath can now be used in toolpath templates. If you're making a lot of parts with mouldings, like doors, this can cut a lot of time out of toolpathing and also eliminates error.

This is one of the meatiest releases in years. Thanks, Vectric!!
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I was really surprised with "swapping the sides of a double sided project". I've stopped counting the times I've needed that. Too lazy to do it manually, so I leave myself a LARGE text comment to run side 2 first.

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Is there any new clip art that would require me to re download those items?
Mark
Pioneer, CA

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You don't have to download clipart until you want to use it if you have an internet connection where you're running the software. Click the cloud icon on the Clipart tab and you can see all the available clipart then and you can download any you like the look of from there. Clipart that hasn't been downloaded has a grey arrow in the corner.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

1st upgrade since 8.5, not a power user by any stretch but this was too much to resist
Doug

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

jnantel@outlook.fr wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm
I went through the video about v11 and I am disappointed not to see any improvement for the 4 th axis.It would have been nice to be able to make measurement directly on the 3d object view, doing real cutting of 3D object instead of wrapping and unwrapping. Well I guess I will have to learn Powermill or RhinoCam. There are some nice features added but for me the update cost is to high. Sorry.
We're sorry to hear this upgrade isn't right for you, but we really appreciate you taking the to review our release video and give us your feedback.

Have a great day.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Xxray, gkas & dealguy11

We're so pleased to hear you are loving the new features in this release. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

We can't wait to see what awesome projects are created in V11 over the next few weeks 😊

Uncle Bob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 ATC

Post by Uncle Bob »

Opened Aspire and noticed Update to v 11.003 available. Went to web site, watched the video. WOW! Ordered and downloaded.

Question: can I move all the clipart from the v10.5 directory to the new directory for v 11?

The upgrade price of $400 USD is fair and reasonable considering all the new features. Much less than buying another package with another learning curve.... Keep up the great work Vectric.

V/R,
Bob

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

dealguy11 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:19 pm
Stephanie has highlighted a number of the new features in the teaser videos. I want to point out a few features that weren't highlighted, but which are extremely beneficial to production users like me.

1. The teaser videos touched on the improvements to sheet processing, which allow you to use different materials and material sizes. This only touches on it. Different material sizes are extremely helpful when you are doing nesting and have cutfoffs and scraps to use up. Nesting has been improved so that you can nest across different sized sheets...so you can use up your scraps first, then go on to full sheets. If you need to re-nest a single sheet, you can now do that without disturbing the parts on the other sheets. You can delete un-needed sheets, and add new sheets if you get a few more parts that need to be cut. You can set an oddly-shaped nesting boundary by layer. You can nest components. These changes are huge for me.

2. The Moulding toolpath can now be used in toolpath templates. If you're making a lot of parts with mouldings, like doors, this can cut a lot of time out of toolpathing and also eliminates error.

This is one of the meatiest releases in years. Thanks, Vectric!!
To learn more about sheets as dealguy has highlighted here check out these videos:
Multi Sheet:

Nesting:

Hope this helps :)
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Uncle Bob wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 am
Question: can I move all the clipart from the v10.5 directory to the new directory for v 11?
Clipart is installed in a central location that is available to all Vectric software on your computer. It's not installed in a version specific location. The default install location is: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Clipart" so there's no need to move it.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Curious if the rest machining for pockets is better at skipping previously cut areas if only using one bit? I'm often cutting tenons with the pocket toolpath and the tenon outline inside a perimeter outline. I often watch the bit move to somewhere that it previously cut and waste time cutting some air that didn't need cutting.
4D

Aussie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Robotics Model 8

Post by Aussie »

Adrian wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:15 am
Uncle Bob wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 am
Clipart is installed in a central location that is available to all Vectric software on your computer. It's not installed in a version specific location. The default install location is: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Clipart" so there's no need to move it.
Adrian,
Is is true for the D&M models purchased as well, my clip art is available in v11 but not the large amount of models that I have purchased.
Thanks
Ron
Ron
Crafers Crafts

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

4DThinker wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Curious if the rest machining for pockets is better at skipping previously cut areas if only using one bit? I'm often cutting tenons with the pocket toolpath and the tenon outline inside a perimeter outline. I often watch the bit move to somewhere that it previously cut and waste time cutting some air that didn't need cutting.
4D
Could you please send us an example file so we can look into it or provide an explanation?

Thank you
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++