Re: Aspire V11 is OUT NOW!

Post by martin54 »

Aussie wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:21 pm
Adrian wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:15 am
Uncle Bob wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 am
Question: can I move all the clipart from the v10.5 directory to the new directory for v 11?
Clipart is installed in a central location that is available to all Vectric software on your computer. It's not installed in a version specific location. The default install location is: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Clipart" so there's no need to move it.
Adrian,
Is is true for the D&M models purchased as well, my clip art is available in v11 but not the large amount of models that I have purchased.
Thanks
Ron
It should be if you have purchased Design & Make Collections, Projects or hack of the week files that have an installer built in, for individual models then it will depend where you keep them, individual models I tend to put in the Vectric model folders for what ever section the model comes under, So a Thistle model would get put in the Plants & Fruit folder :lol: :lol: :lol:

PRO4824
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO4824

Post by PRO4824 »

redwood wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 pm
Is there any new clip art that would require me to re download those items?
I'd like to know that too.
Does V11 include any "New" clipart?

Thanks, Joe.
Isaiah 41-10

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

PRO4824 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:05 am
redwood wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 pm
Is there any new clip art that would require me to re download those items?
I'd like to know that too.
Does V11 include any "New" clipart?

Thanks, Joe.
If you look at the July newsletter from Design & Make

The Waterside Collection - Coming Soon!
Design & Make is excited to be part of the Vectric's upcoming release by offering those that upgrade to, or purchase V11 the first chance to own part of this new collection for free!

mlk1axs
Model of CNC Machine: Avid

Post by mlk1axs »

I was hoping for some improvements on the 4th axis, like where you could index a job and do more than rapped jobs. Other than that I still love your software.

Al

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

mohamed wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:58 am
4DThinker wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Curious if the rest machining for pockets is better at skipping previously cut areas if only using one bit? I'm often cutting tenons with the pocket toolpath and the tenon outline inside a perimeter outline. I often watch the bit move to somewhere that it previously cut and waste time cutting some air that didn't need cutting.
4D
Could you please send us an example file so we can look into it or provide an explanation?

Thank you
Attached. I added two .25 circles to show that the small area on the ends are cut both when the pocket does the outer and inner lines as well as during the short back and forth it does thinking there is still wood to cut. When it matters and I've got the time I'll use two profile toolpaths with the same vectors to cut the tenon with no wasted time air cutting the ends.

This is just one simple example. Most of the CNCing I do is joinery work cutting mortises and tenons and finger joints etc. for student furniture projects. Almost daily a student watching their parts being cut will notice what appears to be wasted time cutting air away where it has previously removed the wood.
4D
Attachments
Tenon toolpath example 4D.crv3d
(47 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Post by nicksilva »

are there bug fixes yet? :mrgreen:
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

sehast
Model of CNC Machine: Custom Built CNC Router

Post by sehast »

I had to download and re-install all clip art to get it to display in 11.0.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

sehast wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:36 pm
I had to download and re-install all clip art to get it to display in 11.0.
There is an issue with the display of clipart stored in the cloud rather than locally. Vectric are aware of it and looking into it.

Onawa220
Model of CNC Machine: Sale CNC

Post by Onawa220 »

I was really hoping there would be some enhancements to the tab feature. I have large sheets of parts that I need tabs to keep them in place but also to help hold the sheet together. Being able to draw lines across the sheet of parts and tell it that everywhere the lines cross a part a tab should be placed there. This would save me hours of time after making revisions that necessitate deleting the tabs I spent so much time getting perfectly lined up so they would stay together.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Make sure to email your suggestions to Vectric support, this is a user forum and all threads might not be viewed by Vectric staff.
Scott T

@scottscnc

jael
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom 8

Post by jael »

I have downloaded v 11 , downloaded tools from portal. The tools come down but no details as to speeds etc.This means i will have to go through tool database and re do
is this a glitch? Also this version is very touchy with profiles
Eric

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

jael wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 am
I have downloaded v 11 , downloaded tools from portal. The tools come down but no details as to speeds etc.This means i will have to go through tool database and re do
Eric
"touchy with profiles" ?
Can you elaborate?

Thanks
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

jael wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 am
Eric
Hi Jael,

Thank you for your message.

Please can you confirm whether this is the case for all of the materials, it could be that the downloaded tool database has new materials which don't have speeds and feeds set yet. If this is in fact for all materials you can always re import your old tool database. If you would like to do this please reach out to our support team on support@vectric.com and they can assist you.

Thanks
Stephanie

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Onawa220 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:02 am
I was really hoping there would be some enhancements to the tab feature. I have large sheets of parts that I need tabs to keep them in place but also to help hold the sheet together. Being able to draw lines across the sheet of parts and tell it that everywhere the lines cross a part a tab should be placed there. This would save me hours of time after making revisions that necessitate deleting the tabs I spent so much time getting perfectly lined up so they would stay together.

Manually placing tabs exactly where you want them to be located is very easy to do in "edit tabs". It has been there all along.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

jael
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom 8

Post by jael »

Michael, re Profiles. Whenever I choose a profile cut in Version 10 it just cuts it. In V 11 it comes up with a warning that the tool can’t cut to the depth specified. If I draw a square it cuts fine. I think I have found the problem, with a very close look at the vectors I have found small overlaps or very small deviations and therefore the bit selected can’t get into the corners and therefore won’t cut
As for the toolbase problem I will go back in and see if I can find the problem
Eric