Stacking Models in Aspire without the lower area bleeding through?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
WoodsmanL56
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds Workbee 1010 modified

Stacking Models in Aspire without the lower area bleeding through?

Post by WoodsmanL56 »

I'm working on a multi level sign layout, that has models that I've made, overlapping each other somewhat. I'm having an issue with the texture or design of the back layer bleeding through into the top layer. I'm keeping these in the "ADD" setting but its not preventing this from happening, I've played around with the height and tilt/fade setting with no luck either. I've stacked things before with no problems like this, until now. I'm stumped as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm still new to Aspire but I'm learning more each day through trial and error.

I'm attaching a photo of the screen to show the setting and what I'm referring to. This is a pic of the 3D screen and there's a model of the Water Clipart that I had trimmed to the outline I made and then converted to its own model. the texture of the water is bleeding through the text in front of it, and I made the text into its own model as well and I even applied a vector outline and zero plane to it, with the hopes that it would stop the bleed through.

I'm starting to wonder if I need to export these components or make them in another page of Aspire instead of making them in the program that I'm working in? When I'm making them, I copy the vectors to another layer to build them, but that's not working either?

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments
3D Screen Photo.jpg
Lab Clipart.jpg
Last edited by WoodsmanL56 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martindg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 Woodworker

Re: Stacking Models in Aspire without the lower area bleeding through?

Post by martindg »

Try setting the combine mode of the Text component to Merge instead of Add.

WoodsmanL56
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds Workbee 1010 modified

Post by WoodsmanL56 »

Switching the water model and the pool border to merge took care of the bleeding into the dog, and switching the text to merge solved that bleeding issue with the water. Unfortunately, those actions didn't work with the palm tree bleed through problem into the dog?
Attachments
3D Screen Photo 2.jpg

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Perhaps "Levels" will help to organize the various planes. That is have the pool and palm on one level and the dog on a higher one.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Try moving the dog to the top of the components list.
Steve