File, New uses which template and where is it?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
wbollig2
Model of CNC Machine: KL-6090

File, New uses which template and where is it?

Post by wbollig2 »

When I select "File, New", I assume I am using a template. What is the name of that template and where is it located?
I looked in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Templates but there is nothing in there. A PC wide search of *.cvrt3d also did not find anything. Thanks

martindg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 Woodworker

Re: File, New uses which template and where is it?

Post by martindg »

Well, when you select 'File > New' you are just creating an 'empty' Aspire file. It is a .crv3d file but it has no specific project data (hence not really a template) until you create it. Selecting 'File > New From Template' will allow you to create a new file from a template but in the Aspire world these templates are created by the user to meet their specific needs (repeatable job size, project type, etc.). To the best of my knowledge Vectric does not supply any pre-made templates.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

wbollig2 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:08 pm
When I select "File, New", I assume I am using a template. What is the name of that template and where is it located?
I looked in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Templates but there is nothing in there. A PC wide search of *.cvrt3d also did not find anything. Thanks
There is no user accessible (if any) template for a new job. Templates are a recent addition to Aspire/VCarve, they haven't been part of the software since day one as with programs like Sketchup for example.

Mostly a new job uses settings from the previously created or loaded job with some being global settings. Is there some issue that you're having?

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

When you create a new project, Aspire will remember all of the settings from the last time you created a new project. This only applies when you create a new project and not if you changed any of the settings after creation.
Steve