Using RARzip files in Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
JimEE
Model of CNC Machine: Home Build

Using RARzip files in Aspire

Post by JimEE »

I've downloaded a couple of RARzip files from Design and Make and I have unzipped them but I can't put them into Aspire to carve them. I opened them as an STL file. There were other options. Should I have used one of the other options?

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Using RARzip files in Aspire

Post by dealguy11 »

RARZip is just a compression scheme. You will need first to unzip them. If they are stl files you will need to import them into an open project.

It would probably have been easier to download them as v3m files.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Using RARzip files in Aspire

Post by martin54 »

JimEE wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:45 pm
I've downloaded a couple of RARzip files from Design and Make and I have unzipped them but I can't put them into Aspire to carve them. I opened them as an STL file. There were other options. Should I have used one of the other options?
You are better off downloading as V3M files as dealguy11 has said, main advantage of that is that you will be able to add them to your clipart folders within Aspire & you can view them as thumbnails the same way you can view any of the included clipart files.
As a RAR file you will need to extract them before you can use them, once extracted if it is one of the projects or hack of the week file then once it has been extracted you can install it the same way you would with any software & it will instal in the correct folder, if it's just a single individual file then I tend to just put them in the appropriate clipart folder within the software, ie if its a flower then I would put it in the Plants & Fruit folder :lol: :lol: :lol: