Jtech laser won't initialize

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Lpitt
Model of CNC Machine: carbide xxl

Jtech laser won't initialize

Post by Lpitt »

I just got a Jtech 7 watt lazer and the program from Vectric. I downloaded the right post proscessor from jtcech installed it and as far as I can get is it initializing. Can anyone help.
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
20210616_095957.jpg

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Jtech laser won't initialize

Post by gkas »

Is your CNC on the list of Vectric accepted machines?

Bonch
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko

Post by Bonch »

You dont need to use VTransfer. Save the toolpath the same way you do for carving but with the Jtech post processor selected and then bring it into you sender of choice.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

The question isn’t really whether the OP “needs" VTransfer. I suspect that VTransfer is both the way the OP “save[s] the toolpath the same way [he] does for carving” and is “[his] sender of choice”.

I suggest not using VTransfer for the laser toolpath as a test to see if the JTech laser module and the VTransfer module interfere with each other.

In that case, yes, save the toolpath to a “g-code” file using the JTech post-processor. Then transfer it to the Shapeoko via USB stick or however else one transfers files to the machine.

If VTransfer works for normal routing toolpaths then continue using it if that’s what you're comfortable with, If it turns out that the laser toolpaths work if transferred to the machine without VTransfer then you might have to do that for awhile until such inconsistencies are fixed.