Masking workpiece

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Grantx

Masking workpiece

Post by Grantx »

Ive seen YT videos showing people using Oracal Oramask which can be found on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079JB36NG/ ... _lig_dp_it

Is there anything local (UK) as all the suppliers ship from outside the country? Or is there an alternative product that can be used?

Thanks.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Masking workpiece

Post by martin54 »

Just about any paint mask film will work, plus most types of normal vinyl. I work as a signmaker (cad cut vinyl & digital print) & to be honest I quite often use what ever I have to hand.My own choice of paint mask film is actually an Avery product rather than Oracal.
Most problems are caused by improper cleaning or application of the film being used rather than the film itself, then blunt rather than sharp bits.
You could speak to a sign supply company, not one of my suppliers but I believe MDP supplies sell vinyl in smaller quantities, might be worth a call & a chat :lol: :lol:

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Sienci Long Mill

Post by wilkigr »

I use adhesive-backed shelf liner from Home Depot and have never had an issue with bleeding. I believe that Martin has the right idea. Be sure the material is clean and dry, roll the adhesive film with a J roller and use sharp bits.

Grantx

Post by Grantx »

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions.