Two Rail Sweep Tutorial Problem

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Idahospaz
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD5 Extended

Two Rail Sweep Tutorial Problem

Post by Idahospaz »

Hi All -- I'm hoping you can help. I was following along with the two rail sweep tutorial and all seemed well until I got to the last step for the closed rail example. I did the final step of checking the fill center of inner closed vector rails and it does add to the center but it goes to the bottom of the material instead of the top. My screen and steps seem to match the tutorial but I must be missing something that is staring me right in the face. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Closed Rail Example try and fail.crv3d
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
Screenshot two rail sweep.png

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Two Rail Sweep Tutorial Problem

Post by gkas »

That is definitely a weird error. After a LOT of head scratching, I figured it out. The rail profile was incorrect. One leg was longer than the other. I shortened the longer leg..... and it works.

Closed Rail Example try and fail.crv3d
Revised rail profile.
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Revised rail profile.
Revised rail profile.

Idahospaz
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD5 Extended

Re: Two Rail Sweep Tutorial Problem

Post by Idahospaz »

Thank you so much! I downloaded the tutorial files from Vectric and didn’t modify any of the vectors other than an offset out and following the tutorial. Well, let me rephrase that, I didn’t think I modified the vector size, but obviously I did somewhere through the tutorial. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help 😊