Aspire 10.514 strange pocket toolpath

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Uncle Bob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 ATC

Aspire 10.514 strange pocket toolpath

Post by Uncle Bob »

In the attached file I want to pocket the area outside the square & compass. I have done this procedure many times on other projects (but not in the current version). No matter which order I select the vectors the inside of the S&C is also pocketed leaving a small ridge outlining the S&C. I used the same tools on an earlier project that turned out as expected. I have reviewed all the pocketing training vids on Vectric site and many others on YouTube - still no joy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Pocket S&C.crv3d
(751.5 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Aspire 10.514 strange pocket toolpath

Post by Adrian »

You've got a very small loop in the compass shape. I found one where I've highlighted but there might be others. I did find that deleting that one allowed the toolpath to calculate correctly though.

I found that something was odd by doing an offset set to a small amount with Delete Original checked. That created two sets of vectors which is always an indication that something is out of whack so, as the Vector Validator didn't detect it, I zoomed in at node points.
Attachments
Issue.jpg
Issue 3.jpg
Issue2.jpg

Uncle Bob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 ATC

Re: Aspire 10.514 strange pocket toolpath

Post by Uncle Bob »

Thank you so much Adrian. I did run the vector validator.
I will v carve the square and compass that sits proud of the small (3.4" sq) finished block. I plan to use these in the corners of a framed door for a shadow box for a Brother.

Stay safe. God Bless you and your family.

Uncle B