Help please.

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
PeachCraft
Model of CNC Machine: Sharp

Help please.

Post by PeachCraft »

Hi everyone, I’ve not posted before but I lurk and learn... so I recently upgraded to aspire, things were going great with vcarve but I paid off my credit card and thought I’d go all the way with the software. So since I upgraded I’ve had no end of trouble with my feeds n speeds. I can do the roughing file kind of ok, the z at times won’t lift up above the material but just drags through the wood and also it will randomly go really deep like plunge in and rip through the wood. I’m hoping someone might be able to help me get back to where things were where I could load up my file and happily and confidently do a great carve. I’m at a stage where I’d like to do a teams meeting whereby I can get someone to have a look at my feeds and speeds and settings etc. I appreciate you even reading this far. :cry:

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Re: Help please.

Post by jfederer »

I haven't taken the plunge yet (just playing with the trial version of Aspire occasionally). The first thing that comes to mind is that the default tools database may not suit your needs. If you've been using VCarve for a while, your tools database is no doubt customized by now. Did you import the VCarve DB into Aspire? That might help you get back to a known dataset. Or at least have both packages open and compare all the settings, such as default Z clearance and so on.
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

Are you sure you have the right post-processor for your machine after the upgrade? You can use the same one as you used before. In Aspire, if you go to File | Open Application Data Folder, it should open up a File Explorer window. Navigate in that window back to the VCarvePro folder, then to the folder for the last version you were running, then either to the PostP or My_PostP folder that contains your old post-processor. Copy that post-processor, then navigate back to the Aspire | V10.5 folder, open the My_PostP folder and paste your old post-processor there. Close and reopen Aspire. Your post-processor should now be the only one in the list (assuming there are no other post-processors in your My_PostP folder).

You can do something similar with your tool database, which is contained in the ToolDatabase folder.

If that doesn't fix the problem then you've developed a machine problem.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

There shouldn't be any difference between the 2 progams when it comes to your toolpathing so your machine should behave exactly the same using aspire as it did with vcarve as long as you have things set up the same way using the same tool database & are using the same post processor as dealguy11 has said.

Not sure if the migrate under the help tab at top of screen works between vcarve & aspire but if not it is easy enough to copy & paste info between the 2 as dealguy11 has also said.

If you use the same tool database & same post processor & still have problems then you have developed a problem of some sort rather than it being associated with a change to aspire.
Steep learning curve if you want to learn how to create your own models but the rest of it is pretty much the same as vcarve so plenty you will already be familiar with :lol: :lol: :lol: