Not able to shape a profile

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
tiofilo123
Model of CNC Machine: 5X10 Industrial Cnc

Not able to shape a profile

Post by tiofilo123 »

For some reason I cannot shape a profile with a particular vector, I can draw a box next to it an shape it, but for some reason Aspire will not let me shape that particular vector shape, its proabably something simple any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards,
Manuel

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Not able to shape a profile

Post by TReischl »

Should we start guessing now as to what you are trying to do?
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Since whatever it is that you are trying to do works with a "box" (rectangle?), it likely needs a closed vector. You can use the Join Vectors tool to see if the vector is closed or open. You can also use the Vector Validator tool on the vector to detect other problems.

Hint: Use the same name for whatever you are asking about as the Vectric program does. Don't say "box", say "rectangle".

I don't recognize any tools that are called "shape". Did you possibly mean the "Create a shape from vector outlines" tool? Using the same terminology that the program does will make it easier for someone to come up with a solution.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

tiofilo123

Post by tiofilo123 »

Sorry, im not very well versed Aspire terminology, as i only use it from time to time, I am trying to crate a shape from a vector outline. I cheked all my nodes and for open vector, all seemed fine.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

How about posting the problem file???

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

The problem is that you can see exactly what you are doing & forum members haven't got a clue so can only really guess at what you are trying to achieve. Posting the file will allow people to look at the problem themselves & then offer suggestions to help. If it's not possible to post the file for copyright reasons then posting a couple of screenshots can help or consider sending the file to vectric support for them to look at.
The most likely cause for not being able to create a shape from a vector would be open vectors or possibly loops or crossovers within the vector Do you get any error messages?
What version of the software are you running because the vector validator can help find problems if you have a version that has this feature.

tiofilo123

Post by tiofilo123 »

Got a little frustrated yesterday and began a new one. I'll post it as soon as I can