How to have multiple jobs open and minimized without having to close any of them while working on one of them?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
WoodsmanL56
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds Workbee 1010 modified

How to have multiple jobs open and minimized without having to close any of them while working on one of them?

Post by WoodsmanL56 »

Hello, I also use CorelDraw, and in that software, I'm able to open several jobs and minimize them when I'm not actually working on that page. having them opened and minimized, allows me to quickly switch back and forth from one to the other, should I need elements from one of them for the page that I'm currently working in.

It also allows me to quickly switch to another job page to show a customer different variations of a job layout without having to close any of them.

Can this type of thing also be done in Aspire & V-Carve Pro? I'm always needing to switch from one job to another, but when I do it will close down the job I was working in, and I don't want to have to do that.

I'm attaching a photo of what my CorelDraw page looks like with the open jobs in the toolbar at the top of the work page.
Attachments
Screenshot of workpage with open files in toolbar.jpg

jimwill2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

Re: How to have multiple jobs open and minimized without having to close any of them while working on one of them?

Post by jimwill2 »

You can open another Vectric product in a new window but not within in the program. I do this often.
Jim Williams

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: How to have multiple jobs open and minimized without having to close any of them while working on one of them?

Post by Adrian »

You can have multiple copies of Aspire running at the same time which is how you load multiple jobs. It's not a multiple document interface as some other programs are. It's one job per instance of the program.

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

I find the simplest way of achieving this is to open the files I need from File Manager. If you open from within an existing session of VCarve or Aspire, the currently open document is replaced. Opening from File Manager launches a new instance. I often have several open at the same time.
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Post by ssflyer »

A quick way to open a new instance of Aspire is to simply hold down the shift key while clicking the taskbar icon.
Ron Sloan

WoodsmanL56
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds Workbee 1010 modified

Post by WoodsmanL56 »

Thank you all for the replies. Your info was helpful and appreciated.