model border trace off center

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
graffix11
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Two machines, CRP 48x96 and a xylotex

model border trace off center

Post by graffix11 »

Seems to me that every time I create a vector border its not aligned the the model. Always off to the right and up from the model and a constant. Something that can be fixed? Should we be nudging them back into position?

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: model border trace off center

Post by scotttarnor »

I have not experienced this problem, I would send a copy of one of your files to Vectric support. This just a user forum if something needs to be corrected support needs to be notified. support@vectric.com
Scott T

@scottscnc

graffix11
Vectric Craftsman

Post by graffix11 »

Sure I can contact support I guess. I dont see the need to send a file though. It happens all the time. Heres a couple screenshots one the model and vector were re aligned. The other is the auto generated vector shown in pink.
Attachments
vector issue.JPG
vector issue 2.JPG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The trace has to do an averaging of the pixels to calculate where the edge is. If the model has been created with too few pixels and/or the job is set too a lower resolution than needed then I can see something like that happening.

graffix11
Vectric Craftsman

Post by graffix11 »

The pics shown are from a job at 50x resolution. High polycount models. Happens with the vectric clipart as well. Off the same distance on both and every time.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Seems odd. Never seen anyone else having this issue and I can't think what would be different about your setup. I've just tried a few examples with Vectric clipart and different resolutions. Every time the Create Boundary tool gives me the results I would expect. I can't get it to offset as you're seeing.

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Sienci Long Mill

Post by wilkigr »

FWIW, I get the same offset using the Vectric clipart. I get better results using high quality clipart from other sites .I just put it to down to the low resolution of the Vectric clipart. Setting the modelling resolution to 50x does not change it. It's never caused me a problem as the offset seems to be consistent around the model.