Is there a 3d program that looks like Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Tlempicke
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Is there a 3d program that looks like Aspire

Post by Tlempicke »

I have been using Aspire for a number of years now and I finally "think in Aspire"

I am not saying that I am any good at it, but at least I now make a dull bit every now and again instead of just breaking them.

I would like to tackle a 3D project and I am thinking about buying a 3D printer. What has kept me from it for a while now is having to learn another cad program.

Is there a program out there that kind of mimics the look and feel of Aspire? Or is that a good thing? Does Vectric have one for sale?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Is there a 3d program that looks like Aspire

Post by Adrian »

You can create a lot in Aspire that you can use on a 3D printer by exporting the model as an STL. What you can't do is to create models that have undercuts which may be a problem.

I use other design software and OpenSCAD when making parts that I will 3D print. Tinkercad is very easy to pick up and Windows even comes with basic built-in 3D building software.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Aspire is really powerful and can do a lot of stuff.

There are LOTS of software packages out there. Some free stuff, and some stuff that is far from free. There is good and bad about each one of them. Personally I think Vectric is one of the most comprehensive and user friendly.

I have used several. Some I want but cannot afford.

Sooooooo - This place here is a user forum that is owned and operated and moderated by VECTRIC.

Asking for recommendations for competing software is a bit of like walking into McDonalds and asking the manager for directions to Burger King so you can go get a hamburger, or walking into a Chevy dealership and asking where the closest Ford dealership is so you can buy a car.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Tlempicke
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by Tlempicke »

Nor at all!
If Aspire had a 3D program I would jump on it in a heartbeat.
I like the program so much that I would like to find something with the same "Vibe"

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I see it more as asking your Ferrari dealer for a recommendation for a pickup truck. The Ferrari can't do everything the pickup truck can and vice versa. If Aspire could create engineering accurate 3D models with zero restrictions then I too wouldn't use anything else.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

If Vectric went FULL 3D - I would upgrade as well. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is nothing in the works. Aspire is the top level at this time.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC