importing files

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Wyo Bob
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

importing files

Post by Wyo Bob »

i had some graphics designed by a graphics company.They sent the graphics in a JPG, PNG, and EPS file. I cant get any of the files to import into Aspire. I get a pop up in Aspire that says " Failed to load image- check image is of supported type". Does anyone have a ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I even went into Ink Scape and traced the image but couldn't get that to import either. Thank you.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: importing files

Post by Adrian »

JPG and PNG are both bitmap formats so you need to create a new job and use the Import Bitmap icon (last icon, first row under File Operations) or the same command on the File/Import menu.

EPS can be vectors or bitmaps so try the Import Vectors first.

If you've done all the above and it's still not working there must something wrong with the program they're exporting from. JPG and PNG are basic formats so they should always work. EPS is a bit more version dependent. Inkscape saves in SVG format which is vector based and Aspire can import that via Import Vectors.

Nearly all my customers send me SVG or PNG files and I import both types several times a day.

Wyo Bob
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

Post by Wyo Bob »

Adrian.....Thanks for your input !! I tried your suggestions and still cant get the bitmap files into Aspire. I was able to get the vector file that was created in Ink Scape into Aspire. Thats closer than I was. Thanks again!

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Occasionally I have a problem importing photos or files when I do I open them in their folder and drag them into the Aspire.
Scott T

@scottscnc