Operating system

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Operating system

Post by Stephen50 »

Downloaded Aspire 10.5 utilizing Windows V7 and a 32 bit processor, upon completion of the download and installation received following message.
The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime 1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer . Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Did a uninstall and reinstall of version 10.5 and received same error message. Any suggestion on resolving my situation.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Operating system

Post by gkas »

See if this helps.
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-instal ... aunch.html

It looks like your Windows 7 needs an update to the Universal C Runtime.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Stephen50 »

I completed an update on version 7 although Microsoft quit supporting this version January 2020. I also, downloaded the universal runtime but alas, my version 7 with a 32 bit processor is history. Vectric moved to the 64 bit processor as many of their subcontractors had moved to 64 bit processing. Although not a great fan of Windows 10 with forced updates not many option available. Thanks for your suggestion in resolving my dilemma.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I would contact support directly, I thought 32 bit was still supported although my version of windows 7 is a 64 bit version. :lol:
Can you instal a 64 bit version of windows on the machine? My laptop is over 10 years old, it originally had vista 32 bit on it a dual core processor & 2 gig of ram. I upgraded the memory to 6 gig & put a 64 bit version of windows 7 pro on & it worked fine. It's actually now running windows 10 via the free upgrade from a few years ago.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

This is what the system requirements page on the main website says:
Aspire, VCarve Pro/Desktop and Cut2D Pro/Desktop software is 64Bit, and will work on 64bit Operating systems.

Cut3D and PhotoVCarve software is 32bit, and will work on both 32bit and 64bit Operating systems.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Adrian wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:46 pm
This is what the system requirements page on the main website says:
Aspire, VCarve Pro/Desktop and Cut2D Pro/Desktop software is 64Bit, and will work on 64bit Operating systems.

Cut3D and PhotoVCarve software is 32bit, and will work on both 32bit and 64bit Operating systems.
Thanks Adrian, never thought to check that :oops: :oops:
Still no reason for the OP not to put a 64 bit version of windows 7 on his machine though, obviously depending on the machine specs :lol: :lol:

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Stephen50 »

To utilize Aspire I use Parallels on my MAC in addition, attempting to locate Windows V7 with a 64 bit isn't something I choose to do.

I failed to read the computer requirements for V10.5 therefore, I'll correct this issue by purchasing Windows 10 with a 64 bit operating system. Also, I should have remembered one of my teachers told me to read the entire question, before answering because a portion of the answer might be in the question.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Stephen50 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm
To utilize Aspire I use Parallels on my MAC in addition, attempting to locate Windows V7 with a 64 bit isn't something I choose to do.

I failed to read the computer requirements for V10.5 therefore, I'll correct this issue by purchasing Windows 10 with a 64 bit operating system. Also, I should have remembered one of my teachers told me to read the entire question, before answering because a portion of the answer might be in the question.
V10.5 still supports both 32 and 64 bit operating systems. Please contact support@vectric.com and we will be happy to help.

Greg K

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Stephen50 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm

That's how I run. You only need the "Home" version of Win10 for the application as the fancy domain features that are turned on in the higher levels are not required.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Stephen50 »

This past week I communicated with Vectric Support Staff in an attempt to install Aspire 10.5 on my computer that utilized Windows 7 with a 32 bit processor. Upon notifying the support staff of my existing computer parameters they responded stating based on numerous subcontractors that Vectric works with, those contractors began using 64 bit processors in their operations as such Vectric moved in that direction. Individuals on the forum provided me with suggestions which I used in attempt to resolve my dilemma to no avail. Thanks again to everyone for the guidance provide me.